V3s - SAMs (SALK Allotment Minutes)

Advent75

V3s - SAMs (SALK Allotment Minutes)
« on: 1 Jul 2009, 04:48 pm »
Folks, been enjoying the Salk discussions a lot and just ordered V3s weeks back. Read below!!!

At 12:16 PM 7/1/2009, I wrote:
Jim, you are a very "CFP" (customer focused person), which I am sure the Salk Community appreciates as much as I do. Truly feel my V3's are getting "some love", realizing that it is only so much love you can give each order. You know what "SAMs" are? Well they are Salk Allotment Minutes - the consultation/hand holding/question answering/customer mind-changing TIME you allow each customer, AFTER an order is placed. Jim, have I exceeded my "SAMs"? SAMs would generate much discussion on your board!!!

Jim's reply:
No, you have not exceeded your allotment. I try and offer as many SAMs as are required so that each customer can get exactly what they want and need.

- Jim

Nuance

Re: V3s - SAMs (SALK Allotment Minutes)
« Reply #1 on: 2 Jul 2009, 02:04 am »
LOL - SAM's.  I like it.  :)

Welcome to the family, bud. 

sanlanman

« Reply #2 on: 10 Jul 2009, 02:38 am »
GREAT! Another V3 owner. Did you order a center channel too? Please post pics when you get them.

Advent75

« Reply #3 on: 10 Jul 2009, 06:44 pm »
Yes. After dipping deep into my SAMs, and w/much help from Jim, getting custom HTC. It is to be extended W & D w/2 front ports for increased bass. Though the custom HTC will not have V3 Visaton drivers, Jim & x-over team member will make the magic happen!!

sanlanman

« Reply #4 on: 13 Jul 2009, 07:26 pm »
Yes. After dipping deep into my SAMs, and w/much help from Jim, getting custom HTC. It is to be extended W & D w/2 front ports for increased bass. Though the custom HTC will not have V3 Visaton drivers, Jim & x-over team member will make the magic happen!!

I would like to see that. What veneer or finish did you go with? I went the opposite direction with my V center. Jim and Dennis scaled it down some to fit my cabinet requirements, and made it acoustic suspension by design. I know I gave up some deep bass response, but, hey, that is what the sub is for.

Picks of my V3s are posted in the owners thread at the top of the page.

Advent75

« Reply #5 on: 14 Jul 2009, 06:01 pm »
Sanlanman, viewed your V3's a number of times. Nice! Your Center is 3-way. Mine will be 2-way. Ropey cherry is chosen veneer.