Last Pair Available - SOLD

jsalk

Last Pair Available - SOLD
« on: 16 Sep 2023, 08:14 pm »
A few weeks ago as we planned our exit, I came across some Veracity HT3's that had been hiding for years.  Here is the story...

As I noted in an earlier post, Frank Van Alstine was one of our earliest champions.  He was doing a search for some speakers that showed the bass capabilities of his amps.  I allowed him to audition my personal speakers, but rather than return them, he purchased them.  Later he sold those to a friend and ordered a new pair for himself.

I had run into an interesting Pal Dao veneer so we decided to use it on his new pair.  Fast forward... When we introduced the Exotica speakers, Frank asked if he could trade the HT3's for a custom pair of Exotica speakers.  Of course, we said yes.  So he returned this pair.

When we'd get any trade-in pair, we would always disassemble them and re-finish the cabinets.  At the time he traded these in, we were quite busy and paying customers always came first.  So we set these aside to re-finish the cabinets later...and forgot about them.

When we ran across them a couple of weeks ago, we had a decision to make.  Do we trash them or do we re-finish them?  It seemed like a travesty to toss them in the dumpster since this was the 3-way that put us on the map.  So I decided to re-finish them. 

But again, customer orders came first.  So we didn't finish work on them until last week and didn't have time to post them for sale until now.

Here are some pictures...

And a close-up...

Since we no longer have a shop and don't have any means to ship these on a pallet, local pickup would be preferred.

If built today, these would run about $7000 as shown.  We are offering these for 1/2 Price ($3500) with local pickup.

- Jim
« Last Edit: 10 Oct 2023, 10:25 am by jsalk »

Rocket

Re: Last Pair Available
« Reply #1 on: 17 Sep 2023, 02:15 am »
Hi,

This is a bargain for this pair of speakers at this price. I love the finish.

Cheers Rod

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #2 on: 17 Sep 2023, 04:20 am »
Jim,

These are beautiful! I live in the wrong state.  :cry:

Rocket

« Reply #3 on: 19 Sep 2023, 12:48 pm »
Hi,

I'd seriously think about these speakers as they are top class imo and they wouldn't be hard to  ship them to you. Btw these Salk Sound HT3's easily spank the Evoke Eddie speakers that you listened to back in the day.

Cheers Rod
« Last Edit: 23 Sep 2023, 02:24 am by Rocket »

tktran303

« Reply #4 on: 21 Sep 2023, 02:38 am »
I live in the wrong country, but would still like to buy these. I was a poor student for a long time. Now that I got a haircut, and got a real job, alas, Jim has closed shop!

JakeJ

« Reply #5 on: 21 Sep 2023, 08:54 pm »
I live in the wrong income bracket! :rotflmao:

Rocket

« Reply #6 on: 23 Sep 2023, 02:25 am »
Hi,

I took a loan out to buy my new Bepure 2 speakers before Jim closed his shop lol.

Cheers Rod

VinceT

« Reply #7 on: 23 Sep 2023, 03:00 am »
Tough economy right now, just keep your eye open in the used market. I see a lot of ppl selling gear hurting for money. Sad times

Rocket

« Reply #8 on: 27 Sep 2023, 01:29 am »
Hi,

I agree there are some great bargains on the internet as I'm seen a few Salk Sound speakers for sale. I would only buy a pair if the original boxes were available if they had to be shipped.

Cheers Rod

BrandonB

« Reply #9 on: 27 Sep 2023, 11:08 am »
Hi,

I took a loan out to buy my new Bepure 2 speakers before Jim closed his shop lol.

Cheers Rod

How does the bepure2 compare to the GR Research speakers you have?

Rocket

« Reply #10 on: 27 Sep 2023, 01:35 pm »
Hi,

I've never had a pair of GR Research speakers or I've heard a pair.  I've had numerous Salk Sound speakers including HT3's, HT2's, Song 3's and currently Bepure 2's.

All I can say is the Bepure 2's are outstanding imo. However, these HT3's are a bargain price and you should seriously think about them.

Cheers Rod