BePure 2s: Arrival and Unboxing

Boybees

BePure 2s: Arrival and Unboxing
« on: 28 Aug 2023, 05:21 am »
Hi All, my BePure 2s arrived last friday - here are some photos.

The finish is curly walnut. The beauty and craftsmanship of these speakers is beyond words. They are an expression of woodworking as a fine art.

You can see that instead of the standard ported design, I opted for the passive radiators that are used on the BePure 1s and 3s. I asked Jim about option, and when he described the effect of the passive radiators on bass response, I decided to go for it. I also got magnets built into the back panel of each speaker to hold the grills for critical listening.

I'm going to wait a while before commenting on the sound, primarily because my primary digital source is not working right now, so I'm stuck with feeding them through the analog out of my MacBook Pro, which sounds good enough as far as it goes, but is not optimal. Also still experimenting with placement and toe-in, and I haven't yet re-equalized the room with REW. I'll write more within a few weeks.

Best, Dave

blackscorpio

Re: BePure 2s: Arrival and Unboxing
« Reply #1 on: 28 Aug 2023, 09:04 am »
............ I also got magnets built into the back panel of each speaker to hold the grills for critical listening...........

Nice touch..

whitey019

« Reply #2 on: 28 Aug 2023, 01:59 pm »
I wish I had thought of that!

rowdyrobot

« Reply #3 on: 28 Aug 2023, 08:16 pm »
Beautiful finish and love that passive radiator idea in principal!

Early B.

« Reply #4 on: 28 Aug 2023, 08:39 pm »
WOW!!! 

lewdogg

« Reply #5 on: 30 Aug 2023, 05:42 pm »
VERY NICE! I got the PR option as well. Looking forward to your impressions. ENJOY!