A/V-2's and stands for sale

Brian Bunge

« on: 18 Nov 2004, 10:15 pm »
Danny,

I hope you don't mind my posting this here.  If so, please feel free to delete it and I'll post it elsewhere.  I just thought it would get the most exposure here.

I have a pair of A/V-2's in cherry with Black Hole 5 and the Sonicap upgrade and matching stands that I would like to sell.  These have been used as demo speakers in our shop for about a year and a half but probably have no more than 100 hours actual playing time on them.  They haven't even been used in the last several months as we dismantled the small system we had since it was not getting any real use.

I am asking $900 for the A/V-2's with the Sonicaps and the matching speaker stands.  We normally sell the speakers without the Sonicaps for $900, so I'm basically throwing in the Sonicaps and stands for free.

Here is a picture:

If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask.

Danny Richie

Cool
« Reply #1 on: 18 Nov 2004, 10:25 pm »
Sounds like a heck of a deal to me.

Brian Bunge

« Reply #2 on: 18 Nov 2004, 10:54 pm »
Danny,

Thanks for allowing me to post this here.

To anyone interested, I forgot to mention that these do come with the magnetic grills.

jonwb

« Reply #3 on: 18 Nov 2004, 11:03 pm »
Brian / Danny,

My Dad will be needing a set for his newly remodeled family room and these might be a nice setup for him.

Are these 4ohm speakers?  Also, is that pic a good example of what the finish color /shade looks like on the set for sale (or is that THEM)?

Thanks,
Jon

Brian Bunge

« Reply #4 on: 18 Nov 2004, 11:17 pm »
Jon,

Yes, they are 4 ohm speakers.  I ran them with an older Sherwood Newcastle Pro Logic receiver with absolutely zero trouble.  I also had another pair at home that I ran with a new Newcastle receiver, also with zero trouble.

These are the actual speakers and stands for sale.  I will note that cherry does darken over time so they are a bit darker than the picture indicates, but they are not the color of say antique cherry furniture.  I may be able to get a more accurate picture this weekend if you need one.

Brian Bunge

« Reply #5 on: 25 Nov 2004, 01:41 pm »
Jon,

Here's a much better picture.  This may still be slightly lighter than they actually are in person but I think it's a pretty good representation.

Hank

• http://www.geocities.com/hankbond1/index
« Reply #6 on: 30 Nov 2004, 07:14 pm »
100 hours is perfect - they're broken in and ready to deliver MUSIC!  Someone should grab those.

Brian Bunge

« Reply #7 on: 1 Dec 2004, 01:59 am »
Hank,

I've had a couple of semi-interested people but no takers yet.  Maybe I should put them in the pet crate with the door closed so that people will feel sorry for them and give these guys a new home.:)

Brian Bunge

« Reply #8 on: 9 Jan 2005, 11:13 pm »
Believe it or not, no one has snatched these up yet.  I can't stand the thought of them sitting around collecting dust, which they literally are doing, so I'm willing to cover the first $100 of shipping.  Due to the weight of the speakers, shipping is roughly $40 each.  So basically you'd only be paying shipping for the stands.

If anyone's interested just let me know.