ProAc Shout Out: The Mistake Of Being A Fanboy!?!

khill

ProAc Shout Out: The Mistake Of Being A Fanboy!?!
« on: 3 Jul 2020, 03:45 pm »
I wanted to post this little blurb because I think "a lot" of us do this and consequently get short sighted in our quest for better sound. I have to admit I have done this with speakers in particular. I've tried a few brands (Omega, Spatial...Tekton) and since the Tektons have always satisfied "my" taste I have been narrow minded and purchased "many" of their speakers (Lore, Double Impact SE, Perfect SET)..."thinking they were the be all end all"...for me. Fast forward to my most recent purchase from Dennis Had to pair with my Inspire 6FLV SEP amp and LP-3a (upgraded to the latest and greatest DH mods)...yes, fanboy! I called Dennis and threw a few speakers I was interested in purchasing out there and he let me know he had an unboxed pair of ProAc DT8's in rosewood that pair great with my amp/pre combo. The price was pretty much half of what they retail for so I said...WTF and pulled the trigger as I trust Dennis. Anyway, these ProAc's are "TINY" towers and 90 dB sensitive so to say the least I was very skeptical with how they would sound compared to the "highrise" like size and high sensitivity of my DI's?!? Well, Dennis was right!?! These little ProAc's not only blow the DI's out of the water but pretty much every other speaker I've ever had in my system. It is absolutely unbelievable how these things do EVERYTHING right. Top to bottom they are just so amazing. Being 90dB sensitive and 4ohm I was a little concerned since I think I'm putting out 10-12 wpc with WE350b's in the FLV; but man...not an issue. I had always blown off big box names but I think this has taught me a few more lessons in this "hobby" we are so obsessed with...1: take forum reviews with a grain of salt....no matter how many people scream from the top of the trees how GREAT a product is (thought I had learned this) and 2: DO NOT TRUST PROFESSIONAL REVIEWERS (thought I practiced this to a certain extent as well?!?)

So, if you are in the market for an extremely amazing and special small tower..."try to audition" the new ProAc DT8. These really are a special speaker. A little pricey at MSRP for the small size ($4000.00 in a few standard colors, $4200.00 in a few custom veneers) but this purchase already has me looking to move up the Response line and moving these into a second system. I don't know if this post will mean anything to anyone but I just felt I needed to share since there isn't a lot on the internet about these amazing speakers.

Have a great 4th of July and stay safe!

:thumb:

Tarzan

• Virtue Audio Fanboy
Re: ProAc Shout Out: The Mistake Of Being A Fanboy!?!
« Reply #1 on: 3 Jul 2020, 07:33 pm »
ProAc fanboy here too :thumb: Your DT8 look superb! :D

Owned quite a few pairs over the years and have enjoyed them all, now running a pair of Tiny Tigers- Tablette 10 and they are superb for such a small loudspeaker.

aec

Re: ProAc Shout Out: The Mistake Of Being A Fanboy!?!
« Reply #2 on: 9 Jun 2023, 03:59 pm »
is that any difference sound vs proac response 2.5