OCTOBER GAS GATHERING AT ALAN'S

alana106

Re: OCTOBER GAS GATHERING AT ALAN'S
« Reply #20 on: 19 Oct 2006, 06:21 pm »
aa   The Butler just arrived ..(Triple Boxed) :o   Haven't had much of a chance to listen yet.  I'll try to post something  a little later.

Steve,

Just bring the preamp if you can. I'll have snacks, etc, but I haven't figured out just what yet.  I hope Scott can make it, and bring the Korato. I'm curious how it, and the Mapletree compares when linked to the Butler.

Side Note:
   I believe the beauty above in the red dress could stop any of us from drinking. :)

Alan

alana106

« Reply #21 on: 20 Oct 2006, 02:54 pm »
Well I'm pretty sure the Butler amp is a keeper.  Compared to my old setup, everything seems so smooooth.  More tweaking is still needed and it may be time look into some (invisible), :lol:  or at least (portable) room treatments, to slip behind the RM40s.   If anyone has any ideas please let me know. 
  It will be good to see what everyone else thinks.

Alan

alana106

« Reply #22 on: 26 Oct 2006, 02:17 pm »

Has anyone else managed to break free for Saturday night??  So far looks like just Tim, Steve, Bryan, and myself, for sure.  Plenty of room..... so Send me a PM with your email address, and I'll send out a map and directions.  We'll have snacks beer and soda....Just bring some CDs for the gang to listen to.

Alan

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #23 on: 26 Oct 2006, 02:32 pm »
I spoke with Scott while I was in Denver and he was just getting in to South Carolina.  He's not going to be back in time to make the meet and I didn't get over there before I had to leave for RMAF to borrow the preamp. 

Bryan

alana106

« Reply #24 on: 26 Oct 2006, 02:44 pm »
Bryan,

I wish Scott could have made it.   Would be nice to hear the Korato with the Butler.  Steve said that he'll be bringing the Mapletree, so we'll have it to play with along with the Rogue.

Alan

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #25 on: 26 Oct 2006, 03:10 pm »
Alan, HI there!

I'd love to come, but having a hard time commiting at this point in time.
Roughly where in St. Louis do you live? (PM me if you want) If it's not too far away, I might just be able to make it. (You know, some people consider St. Louis having a 250 mile radius.)
I can bring a pair of Hawthorne Silver Iris Coaxials, mounted on baffles.
Check out my signature for pics if you'd like.

Thanks Alan
Bob

alana106

« Reply #26 on: 26 Oct 2006, 03:29 pm »
Bob,
  I'm in the South county area, just a few minutes south of Highway 55, and 270.   I just noticed your location shows Jeffco.  I suspect you're really close...just a little south of me.  If you think you can drop by, shoot me an email address, and I'll get you a map and directions  You're more than welcome to join us.
Alan

alana106

« Reply #27 on: 27 Oct 2006, 03:04 pm »
Sturgus,
      Shoot me a PM with your Email address.  I'll get you a map and directions.
    If anyone else thinks they might break free for Saturday night, send me a PM with an email address and I'll get directions to you as well.   
Deadfish: Are you out there??? :beer:

BASEBALL FANS!!! 
WE WILL HAVE THE WORLD SERIES GAME ON. (IF PLAYED)  VOLUME WILL OF COURSE BE TURNED DOWN
:D

Alan

Scott F.

« Reply #28 on: 27 Oct 2006, 04:12 pm »
Hiya Guys,

Still out at Fort Jackson South Carolina at my sons graduation from boot camp.

Next he's off to Fort Eustis for Avionics School. (sorry for the crappy quality of the phone pic)

Won't be able to make it but be sure to take some pics of the gathering and post them.

So Alan, how do you like the Butler?

alana106

« Reply #29 on: 27 Oct 2006, 04:46 pm »
Scott:

Sorry you won't be able to join us. 

I like the Butler.... It seems to have smoothed thing out, and is probably the most powerful amp I have used with the VMPS'.  Later tonight I'll pull everything out so we can get to it.  Steve is bringing his Mapletree, and we may play with Bi-amping the VTL and the Butler just for grins aa.
  Would like to have heard how your Korato sounds with the Butler.  Have a safe trip back, and we'll get together another time.

Alan

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
« Reply #30 on: 27 Oct 2006, 05:21 pm »
Congrts Scott on your sons graduation.  :thumb:

Bob- "A proud military supporter"

DeadFish

« Reply #31 on: 27 Oct 2006, 05:31 pm »
Hey Alan!

Thanks again for the invite, but again, my wife has these plans for me that come with a wink and a giggle.  No matter HOW expensive and great sounding the gear was at RMAF, none of it came with that! aa
The cost of she and I on opposing shifts, is that we still enjoy the time we do get to spend together.

Sure wish I could split my consciousness into 2 or more bodies though.  Never enough time for everything and it woulda been REAL handy last week, as I keep encountering reviews of rooms I couldn't get to, or make it back to. 

You guys have an extra beer for me though.  I too would like to hear how the Butler plays through your speakers.  Last weekend was the best I ever heard VMPS speakers in the Bolder room, and also the first time I had heard Butler.  Fascinated hearing about the design approach and wish I could have heard the Monads with more hours on them, not that there was anything wrong at all after they were just plugged in.  We saw one of them casually 'dropped' from several inches to the floor, and that says a lot about how robust the build is.

Y'all have fun.  Hope to get back together down the line.  I think today, I'm finally getting back to normal.  Well, as normal as I let me get.  :wink:  Time to get the peecee based sound back online, as I gutted it for travelling hardware. 
Gotta get a laptop before next year!! :thumb:

Ciao!

DeadFish

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #32 on: 27 Oct 2006, 06:05 pm »
That was pretty funny Bill.  Watching BK Butler himself rush into the room, rip the Monads out of the boxes and literally just drop them on the floor.  My wallet hurt just watchin that  :duh:

See you Saturday night Alan.

Bryan

alexstl

« Reply #33 on: 27 Oct 2006, 11:55 pm »
Hi guys,  I might be able to swing by if the Cardinals have already won.  I will let you know after the game tonight.  thanks, Alex

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
« Reply #34 on: 28 Oct 2006, 01:52 am »
Hi Alan, I can make it and it would be a pleasure to come tomorrow night.
If you still have a 'chair', I'd love to fill it.
Curious what the Silver Iris sounds like on differing rigs.
PM or email (email would be best, no notification from the site, you know.. :roll:)

Bob
JCKSN@AOL.COM

p.s. still have to figure out HOW to get the Baffled Silver Iris's there and back with no damage.
« Last Edit: 28 Oct 2006, 02:04 am by Bob Jackson »

alana106

« Reply #35 on: 28 Oct 2006, 03:24 am »
Bob,

Glad to hear you can make it. :)  I just emailed you a map with directions.  Let me know if you need anything else.   

If anyone else breaks free at the last minute, let me know, and I'll get a set of directions to you.

Alan

alana106

« Reply #36 on: 28 Oct 2006, 03:34 am »
Alex,

Sorry, I missed your post. :oops:  If you are now available, PM your email address....I'll get you a set of directions and a Map.

alexstl

« Reply #37 on: 28 Oct 2006, 04:07 am »
Hi,  I will try to make it also if there is still room.  alexbornstein@yahoo.com.  thanks, alex

alana106

« Reply #38 on: 28 Oct 2006, 11:26 am »
Alex,

Glad you can make it.   Just emailed directions to you.   I have some running to do, and should be ready for everyone by about 6pm.   See you tonight.

Alan

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
« Reply #39 on: 28 Oct 2006, 11:45 am »

BASEBALL FANS!!!  WE WILL HAVE THE WORLD SERIES GAME ON. (IF PLAYED) 

No need for that, WE RULE!

Bob