Feet Kwa 150SE

fred07

Feet Kwa 150SE
« on: 7 Oct 2011, 05:14 pm »
Hi,

I'am recently an happy owner with my new Kwa 150SE, stil in running but the sound is all very nice.
I have juste a little problem with the spike, it's too hight for my cabinet.

Thats very better for de ventilation with other spike, with smal height.
Wath do you thing about this choise :

Finite Cerabase slim line with M6 or M8 ?
SSC Liftpoint 1.6 with M6 or M8

But for replace de originale spike, maybe i must open the amplifier but wath with the warranty.
I will maybe ask to my dealer (Pierre Colab, yes i'am from Belgium...good beer  :green: )

Tanks you very much for you advice and sorry for my approximate English .

Kinds regards

Fred

fred07

Re: Feet Kwa 150SE
« Reply #1 on: 13 Oct 2011, 05:03 am »
Hello,

No answer  :cry:

Kinds regard

Fred

johzel

« Reply #2 on: 13 Oct 2011, 12:34 pm »
Probably best to call or write Modwright.  Can find their contact information through their website.  Of course, Dan is at RMAF until next week.

modwright

« Reply #3 on: 15 Oct 2011, 06:41 am »
There is no need to open the unit to remove and replace the feet.  There are three M6 threaded holes.  I would recommend the tallest spike that will allow it to fit in your rack.  It needs to have some room on the bottom of the amp to allow proper air flow and cooling.

Thanks,

Dan

fred07

« Reply #4 on: 18 Oct 2011, 08:45 pm »
Hi,

Tank you very much for your advice Mr Wright  :)
I'am gone see for the best solution.

Kinds regards from Belgium

Fred

Phil A

« Reply #5 on: 18 Oct 2011, 10:01 pm »
While your space and situation may be different from mine, I have a home made platform under mine which has a maple butcher block underneath.  Did not want to use spikes so I did not screw them into the feet.  I put a brass disc under the feet that adds about a quearter of an inch more than the feet and the amp does not get hot and I'm driving Thiel 3.7s which with their impedence are known to make some amps run hot.