Questions on the iso feet post below

gelo

« on: 13 Feb 2003, 04:24 pm »
I have made a set of these feet and from the instructions given by Mr. James I can't figure out which way is up or down with these things.  The way I read it I will have the tops (side with plastic insert) pointing up and digging into the bottoms of my speakers.  I can't say I really want to mar the finish in this way.  Then again, maybe I am reading it wrong.  Has anyone else used these and maybe shed some light on it.  I have emailed Mr. James a couple of time but he seems to not be there.  Thanks for any help.

nathanm

« Reply #1 on: 13 Feb 2003, 06:54 pm »
A picture of the thing is posted here:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=1034

gelo

« Reply #2 on: 13 Feb 2003, 09:09 pm »
Thanks nathanm.  I didn't see any fotos but got my answers by the descriptions given.

moray james

• moray james cables
Re: Questions on the iso feet post below
« Reply #3 on: 13 Feb 2003, 11:36 pm »
Quote from: gelo
I have made a set of these feet and from the instructions given by Mr. James I can't figure out which way is up or down with these things.  The way I read it I will have the tops (side with plastic insert) pointing up and digging into the bottoms of my speakers.  I can't say I really want to mar the finish in this way.  Then again, maybe I am reading it wrong.  Has anyone else used these and maybe shed some light on it.  I have emailed Mr. James a couple of time but he seems to not be there.  Thanks for any help.

To start off with you need to know tha the locking nut used is "called" a "Nylon lock nut" because it has a Nylon locking ring at one end NOT because it is made of Nylon - it is made of steel. Ok. Next the large washer with the lock nut press fitted into its centre hole is meant to be on top of the base washer (hence the term base) so the speaker sits on top of the large washer/lock nut combination which sits upon the smaller base washer. With the PVC tape in place there will be no marks on any speakers or stands or floors if you have floor standing speakers. Special note, do not use these feet on carpet or rug just on smooth hard surfaces like wood lino or concreat. I hope this helps. Regards Moray James.

Louis O

« Reply #4 on: 22 Feb 2003, 01:11 pm »
Hi everybody,

I have posted a diagram on the iso foot here: http://www.omegaloudspeakers.com/news.html

Hope this helps,
Louis

nathanm

« Reply #5 on: 22 Feb 2003, 10:31 pm »
Yay!  Now that's a picture!  :P