Vicoustic: a new option for acoustic treatment in the US

Nyal Mellor

• Industry Participant
  • Founder - Acoustic Frontiers.
    • Acoustic Frontiers
Vicoustic have been a manufacturer I've had my eye on for a while. They make some great looking products and their diffusor lineup is, I think, the best in the business. They have both 1D and 2D diffusors in both EPS and wood. They have been available in Europe and Asia but until recently not in the US.

A couple of their killer products are the MutliFuser DC2 which is almost a RPG Skyline for 1/3rd the price. The Skyline is a bit deeper so diffuses to a lower frequency. The other ones are their real wood diffusors such as the Poly Fuser QR which is a very unique QRD in one plane / poly diffusor in the other product. Some of their acoustic foam products are probably not the best for music use, being more suited to commercial facilities such as restaurants, bars, gyms, etc.

See my blog post for more. I've got a bunch of their stuff in my demo facility at the moment and have been very impressed. Going to be using it a lot going forward!
« Last Edit: 12 Jun 2013, 09:20 pm by Nyal Mellor »

DTB300

Re: Vicoustic: a new option for acoustic treatment in the US
« Reply #1 on: 12 Jun 2013, 06:09 pm »
Will you be offering product quantity purchases less than what Vicoustics offers?   Their products come 6, 8, 12 to a box, and you can only buy a BOX and not individual or less items.

roscoeiii

« Reply #2 on: 12 Jun 2013, 06:19 pm »
That link isn't working for me.

But looking at their website, the Visquare and the WaveWood look like they have the possibility of a quite high WAF.

DTB300

« Reply #3 on: 12 Jun 2013, 06:58 pm »
That link isn't working for me.
Go to the main site at:  http://www.acousticfrontiers.com/  and then go to his Blogs and Acoustics..

But looking at their website, the Visquare and the WaveWood look like they have the possibility of a quite high WAF.
Nice looking, but how do they perform in absorption and diffusion testing.....

Nyal Mellor

• Industry Participant
  • Founder - Acoustic Frontiers.
    • Acoustic Frontiers
« Reply #4 on: 12 Jun 2013, 09:20 pm »
Will you be offering product quantity purchases less than what Vicoustics offers?   Their products come 6, 8, 12 to a box, and you can only buy a BOX and not individual or less items.

Yes on a case by case basis. You would need to call to discuss.