Is my Virtue Two safe to use lifepo4 battery

Welborne

• I love open baffle with 100db sensitivity!
Is my Virtue Two safe to use lifepo4 battery
« on: 28 Oct 2013, 12:11 pm »
Is there a way to find out if my Virtue Two is equipped with the necessary soft start device/parts that is needed to be used with SLA or even liFePo4 battery?

I am using the Virtue 130w big smps at the moment, and looking into ways of upgrading the sound.

When I turn on the amp, there is a slight delay before the sound will come on, and when I switch it off, the music will go on for a about a second or two before muting - is this a good indicatino that my amp has a soft -start already built in? or otherwise...

PS, it has been a long time since I last visited here. I had many tripath amps and also Nuforce v3 integrated. I have since then taken a long detour to the kingdom of dHT tube etc as my speakers are 100db in efficiency. I had so much fun...but something has been missing, so I hooked up my virtue two again, which has had the Auricap replaced by Aura-Teflon 0.1uf bypassing an Obbligato 2.0uf Tinfoil, replaced original connection wire to speaker post with Ohno occ copper wires, volume pot modded to smd resistor step one. I am blown away again. The treble has a finesse and nuances I could not remember coming from this Virtue amp, vocal is warm with a touch of sheen on top end that is so well suited to old Decca recordings sound. Glare and harshness can not be detected. I will wonder what Battery will do to all these.

Welborne

• I love open baffle with 100db sensitivity!
Re: Is my Virtue Two safe to use lifepo4 battery
« Reply #1 on: 28 Oct 2013, 12:19 pm »
oh, btw, for the other Virtue owners, whether you are ONe, Two, Two.2, Sensation etc, get a teflon tin foil cap for your amp. Teflon caps are expensive so I would not take a 2.2uf Teflon/Tinfoil unless someone donate one to me, otherwise it is good enough to get a 0.1uf of the best quality Teflon/Tin you can (vcap cutf, tftf, Aura-T, Solen SCR etc) and bypassing a larger 2.0uf Tinfoil caps (I use Solen/Obbligato, and Tinfoil is half the Teflon cap's fame) to get to 2.1uf-2.2uf. Give it enough hours (think Hundreds) to burn in, and don't be afraid to try some pure silver hook up wires (no silver plated, just 4n, 5n pure silver, preferred solid core, cheaper if you can DIY with teflon tubes), you will be shocked by how "elegantly" this transform the Virtue 2050 chip set.

The image depth, warmth, strings sheen, airiness are drop dead gorgeous. Not exactly tube like, but coming from tubes, I can tell you I can easily fall in love with Virtue Two+teflon cap+4n silver speaker wires.

Where will Paul Hynes regulaor, LiFePo4 battery take it to?

Tarzan

• Virtue Audio Fanboy
« Reply #2 on: 28 Oct 2013, 08:06 pm »
Can you recommend a good  5N solid core hook up wire my friend? Sounds interesting! :thumb:

virtue

• Facilitator
  • Making audio lovers audiophiles
    • Virtue Audio
« Reply #3 on: 13 Nov 2013, 07:18 pm »
If it's not a ".2" there is no soft-start.  What can happen is that the switch will fuse closed and you'll never be able to turn off the amp.

Seth