Adobe Woes with Windows 7

Don_S

Adobe Woes with Windows 7
« on: 31 Dec 2012, 01:15 am »
Do I have to be fully registered with Adobe (all the file sharing crap) to make it work?

I have a new W7 computer with Adobe. I loaded some pics from my camera and placed them into two named folders in Adobe. Now they are not there.  The main Adobe folder is empty.  My photos are in my computer and I can pull them up under the "pictures library".  They are displayed there in a dated folder.  Right next to the folder is an empty "Adobe" folder. In the dated folder the photos are not sorted into the two named subject folders I created.

If I open the desktop icon for Adobe Photoshop my pics and separate folders appear.  However I can't reach them in Adobe through the "Documents" path that I would need to access them for attaching to an email. Does that make sense?  I can get them through the Adobe desktop icon but not through the Start/Documents path.  When I go to "documents" the Adobe folder is empty.

I don't want to file share or anything else.  I just want to store my photos sorted by subject title like a vacation spot.

I also can't figure out how to save documents into a "Word Documents" folder.  Everything just stores loose in "Documents".

Obviously I am not understanding the secret handshakes Microsoft created when it switched from the more intuitive and straight forward XP. W7 sucks compared to XP.