should brand new Ref 8B's XLR sound distorted???

WerTicus

« Reply #20 on: 11 Sep 2005, 09:43 am »
what a persistant problem!
good luck guys!
with nuforces' support you'll have a solution in no time :)

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #21 on: 12 Sep 2005, 05:40 pm »
The latest is Tony will send his Tact 2.0 and cables for us to take a look and hopefully the mystery will be resolved next week.  :?:

ekovalsky

« Reply #22 on: 14 Sep 2005, 06:23 am »
Quote from: nuforce-jason
The latest is Tony will send his Tact 2.0 and cables for us to take a look and hopefully the mystery will be resolved next week.  :?:

That's impressive customer service.  I appreciate a manufacturer putting in the effort to chase down a nagging problem.

I had a ground fault problem with my TacT 2.2X which only manifested when I upgraded the PSU to a linear unit from Condor, modded by Aberdeen Components.  For some reason we could never figure out, upgraded drop-in PSU boards which worked fine in the Aberdeen Lab made significant mechanical noise in my house, and would also trip GFCI outlets which themselves made disturbing grumbling noises with the PSU plugged in.  

After three units I was ready to give up, but Anthony Padilla (Mr. Aberdeen) insisted on one more try and he solved the problem by leaving the stock caps in one position, insteading of upgrading to Vishays.  

Anyway my point is that the TacT gear may in some circumstances leak current to ground, which makes me wonder if this is happening to Tony and affecting the Nuforce amp directly in a negative way, or interfering with the incoming audio signal.

I look forward to the analysis/solution of the problem, particularly since I am interested in trying the Nuforce Ref 9 with my TacT unit.

tdangelo

« Reply #23 on: 14 Sep 2005, 01:15 pm »
Hi Eric,  I also had the PS upgrade - made no difference in my situation - either PS caused distortion with my 2.0S - I sent the Tact out Monday with the stock PS.

kharma

Nuforce Ref 8B
« Reply #24 on: 11 Nov 2005, 02:33 pm »
Ref 8B worked fine with my CDP AudioAero Capitole Mk2.3 direct control without Preamp, except when I'm connected to my Musical Fidelity Processor using RCA>XLR jumper suddenly one of them sound noisy without signal :)
My opinion when you want to use 8B you need to have fully balance component source.

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #25 on: 12 Nov 2005, 08:04 pm »
Ref 8B worked fine with my CDP AudioAero Capitole Mk2.3 direct control without Preamp, except when I'm connected to my Musical Fidelity Processor using RCA>XLR jumper suddenly one of them sound noisy without signal  
My opinion when you want to use 8B you need to have fully balance component sou

Yes, we only recommend using balance input (whether it is 8b or 9) in a full balance system.  But if you're using RCA->XLR connector, check
RCA center pin = XLR Pin-2
RCA ground = XLR Pin-1 and XLR Pin-3 (short Pin-1 to Pin-3).

kharma

Nuforce Ref 8B
« Reply #26 on: 13 Nov 2005, 04:46 am »
How come only one of them which sound noisy? Not both of them?

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #27 on: 13 Nov 2005, 05:24 am »
Ground loop noise is hard to explain without examining the system.  Think of noise as water and all the ground wiring as tunnels/channels. If there are one or more ground loop due to bad grounding, it depends on where the noise originzated and returned to the amp or source to create hissing/humming noise.

Bob Wilcox

« Reply #28 on: 13 Nov 2005, 03:58 pm »
Just curious...

Has Tony's problem been solved?

Bob

tdangelo

« Reply #29 on: 19 Nov 2005, 01:26 am »
yeah, hehe - I bought different amps  :lol:

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #30 on: 19 Nov 2005, 03:28 am »
Tony has SB2 with mod power supply and he gave up on trying to solve the ground loop noise issue with NuForce.  We tested the latest off-the-shelf (sent by the company) SB2 in-house recently and found no noise issue.

Jason