RMAF 2014 Announcement!

dpatters

Re: RMAF 2014 Announcement!
« Reply #40 on: 8 Oct 2014, 07:20 pm »
Ryan, the Joules arrived today, within 2 hours a party broke out at my house, disco, 60's, country, even ABBA--good lord.

They sound wonderful and they are not even voiced or broken in yet--my neighbors love them.

have a great show, and Kick a**

Phil
Phil,

Are yours the red ones posted on the new builds thread?  They look fantastic.  My Joules on the way to Denver.  Going to be my Halloween present!

Don

roscoeiii

« Reply #41 on: 8 Oct 2014, 07:26 pm »
That's funny everyone else has been getting my Private messages on this forum except your self I will send you emails now from all 3 Address, Im sure one of them will arrive in your inbox!!

There is a phone number on the Vapor website. Maybe try that instead of continuing to comment on an unrelated thread...

seadogs1

« Reply #42 on: 8 Oct 2014, 08:35 pm »
Don,

The red ones may be mine. They were the red ones at 2013 RMAF. Phil, yours look even better. Is there a side tweeter on the Joules now?

Chuck

pconley2

« Reply #43 on: 9 Oct 2014, 02:04 am »

Dpatters and Mr. Dogs :D :D :D, yes the red ones are mine, they are in my listening room as we speak (or type), I was up to 1AM yesterday and probably will be tonight as well.  I would love to hear what the blacks sound like compared to the whites, but since we are several time zones apart, although you two are somewhat near each other, we won't be able to do that soon.
Ryan, make and sell many more Joules so that we can have a black/white bake off.

Phil

Pete Schumacher

• Industry Participant
  • It's all in the pursuit
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #44 on: 9 Oct 2014, 04:08 am »
Don,

The red ones may be mine. They were the red ones at 2013 RMAF. Phil, yours look even better. Is there a side tweeter on the Joules now?

Chuck

That "side tweeter" is a reflection of the window in the side of the upper cabinet.  Only one tweeter per cabinet.   :wink:

This Joule Black model is a unique animal thanks to the incredibly smooth and extended response of the Audio Tech 18H midrange.  That extended response allowed us to use true 2nd order acoustic slopes in the crossover which gives us the smoothest possible power response as well as the most seamless transition through the crossover regions.  It's spooky when something as large as Joule simply disappears in the sound stage.

roscoeiii

« Reply #45 on: 9 Oct 2014, 04:29 am »
That "side tweeter" is a reflection of the window in the side of the upper cabinet.  Only one tweeter per cabinet.   :wink:

This Joule Black model is a unique animal thanks to the incredibly smooth and extended response of the Audio Tech 18H midrange.  That extended response allowed us to use true 2nd order acoustic slopes in the crossover which gives us the smoothest possible power response as well as the most seamless transition through the crossover regions.  It's spooky when something as large as Joule simply disappears in the sound stage.

But I want a side tweeter!  :bawl:  Maybe 2 or 3...

Pete Schumacher

• Industry Participant
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #46 on: 9 Oct 2014, 06:25 am »
Dpatters and Mr. Dogs :D :D :D, yes the red ones are mine, they are in my listening room as we speak (or type), I was up to 1AM yesterday and probably will be tonight as well.  I would love to hear what the blacks sound like compared to the whites, but since we are several time zones apart, although you two are somewhat near each other, we won't be able to do that soon.
Ryan, make and sell many more Joules so that we can have a black/white bake off.

Phil

Where are the pictures?  I'd love to see the entire setup.

dpatters

« Reply #47 on: 9 Oct 2014, 11:39 am »

Phil
Phil,

They look great.  I can't wait to hear mine!!

Chuck,

I'm in Central PA if you ever get out my way you would be more than welcome.

If any folks following this thread are at RMAF and go to the Vapor room I would love to hear your impressions.

Don

pconley2

« Reply #48 on: 9 Oct 2014, 04:51 pm »

Pete, the pictures should start showing up today, or maybe tomorrow, depending on whether I can tear myself away from listening to actually take pictures.

Phil

Factorz

« Reply #49 on: 9 Oct 2014, 06:07 pm »
Haven’t been on the circle much lately, but it’s great to come back and see more people getting Vapor speakers in their hands. RMAF should be another opportunity for people to experience first-hand how great they are . For those in attendance if you have the chance to meet Ryan I recommend it as he is a really down to earth person. Good luck at the show.

**Full disclosure, I do own a pair of Vapor Cirrus Blacks and enjoy the emotional connection they create with the music I listen to**

pconley2

« Reply #50 on: 9 Oct 2014, 11:00 pm »

Here is one image

pconley2

« Reply #51 on: 9 Oct 2014, 11:04 pm »
Another image, I don't know why Ryan says it is time consuming to take pictures, this took less than 5 minutes-- now back to listening, testing, tweaking and moving the speakers a little
Le to the left, a little to the right.....

bajaed

« Reply #52 on: 10 Oct 2014, 01:38 am »
Phil those look incredible. They really pop against your carpet and cabinets. I'm getting a modernist vibe from that picture.

I know what you mean about time spent listening. I'm playing my system 10 times the amount I used to since I brought my pair of Vapor Breeze home. I can imagine how gratifying it would be to sit down in front of those Joules every night.

pconley2

« Reply #53 on: 10 Oct 2014, 01:57 am »
Phil those look incredible. They really pop against your carpet and cabinets. I'm getting a modernist vibe from that picture.

I know what you mean about time spent listening. I'm playing my system 10 times the amount I used to since I brought my pair of Vapor Breeze home. I can imagine how gratifying it would be to sit down in front of those Joules every night.
BE, thanks for the note, they are incredible looking, Ryan (and I assume Pete) deserve a lot of credit, when I saw them in Newport they were not as well finished. Ryan asked me to let him take them back and finish the job, I am glad he did.  I am still voicing the speakers, most of the time they merely sound great, every once in in a while, due, perhaps to the content, on the system or in me, they sound as good as I have ever heard music sound on a home system, and this after k
Less than 48 hours.
Don, yours are up next!

bajaed

« Reply #54 on: 10 Oct 2014, 03:09 am »
I'm noticing the flaws in bad/flat/heavily compressed recordings are more apparent. However good recordings become fantastic with texture, warmth and detail. Really good recordings are jaw dropping.

What speaker cables are you using?

Pete Schumacher

• Industry Participant
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #55 on: 10 Oct 2014, 04:09 am »
I'm noticing the flaws in bad/flat/heavily compressed recordings are more apparent. However good recordings become fantastic with texture, warmth and detail. Really good recordings are jaw dropping.

I don't know what would happen to your jaw if you were to listen to those same recordings in front of a set of Joule.  If Breeze leaves your jaw on the floor, perhaps Joule would drive it into earth's mantle . . .  :lol:

pconley2

« Reply #56 on: 13 Oct 2014, 09:24 pm »

Ed, sorry for the late response, yes, flaws between better and less well recorded songs become very evident.  I have a number of songs where I have different copies of the same song, from different CDs etc.  surprisingly, huge differences emerge even though, presumably, the original source was identical.

The speaker wires are from JIB, who are a German company that build in China.  Their US distributor lives in the Bay Area and he and I have interacted a number of times.  So far, his products have been very good, but I haven't had too much experience with the world of high end cables--so far JIB has done nicely for me.

Phil

pconley2

« Reply #57 on: 13 Oct 2014, 09:29 pm »
I don't know what would happen to your jaw if you were to listen to those same recordings in front of a set of Joule.  If Breeze leaves your jaw on the floor, perhaps Joule would drive it into earth's mantle . . .  :lol:
Pete, the joules are warming up, I have had them running almost constantly for several days.  A slight harshness on the top is disappearing over time and overall coherence and dimensionality is improving on a daily basis.  Since they were extremely good out of the box, I will be curious to see for how many days will they continue to improve on a daily basis?  I get the felling that they will continue to season, mellow and improve for some time, which means I will end up with a screaming hot, very cool speaker.

paul79

• Industry Participant
« Reply #58 on: 13 Oct 2014, 09:36 pm »
IME, a couple hundred hours will get the drivers broke in pretty well. Then you get to wait for the caps to find home. This can be a long time depending on the caps.

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #59 on: 13 Oct 2014, 09:44 pm »
Then you get to wait for the caps to find home. This can be a long time depending on the caps.

Is there a rule of thumb for this? Do Clarity MR caps take a while to settle in?