Owner Impressions, Delivery Times and Things to Do While You Wait

rahimlee54

Re: A Place to Salk While Waiting
« Reply #80 on: 11 Jul 2009, 06:54 pm »
I havent heard the swans but hopefully it is better for you on the salks.

The towel I put my speaker on for that pic looks really bad, maybe my speakers look good in comparason.

vintagebob

« Reply #81 on: 11 Jul 2009, 08:04 pm »
I havent heard the swans but hopefully it is better for you on the salks.

The towel I put my speaker on for that pic looks really bad, maybe my speakers look good in comparason.

Dude!  With that HT2-TL on there, NOBODY is looking at the towel.  ; )

floresjc

« Reply #82 on: 13 Jul 2009, 12:09 pm »
Well I added an AVA Insight DAC. So somehow I traded in an Integrated and ended up buying a decked out Insight EC preamp, a double 440, and a DAC. Should be sweet.

vintagebob

« Reply #83 on: 13 Jul 2009, 02:13 pm »
Well I added an AVA Insight DAC. So somehow I traded in an Integrated and ended up buying a decked out Insight EC preamp, a double 440, and a DAC. Should be sweet.

You're not leaving much room to upgrade later are you! ; )  You'll be busy when you get back...

floresjc

« Reply #84 on: 13 Jul 2009, 03:52 pm »
Not really. the only real upgrade I have left is to take the outlaw 1070 out of rear channel duty and get a double 240. But I may add that later on, I'm out of cash now.

vintagebob

« Reply #85 on: 17 Jul 2009, 04:16 am »
My friend Ken came over tonight and we listened to various music and formats.  He is inheriting my Swans and so in a sense I?m borrowing his speakers until the Salks arrive.   :roll:    He asked me more than once when my new speakers were due to show up.  ; )

We started out with Nickel Creek This Side which he had on CD and I had on SACD.  The SACD sounded the best with the Mandolin sounding sweet.  We then moved to Diana Krall When I look in your eyes (SACD) so we could catch some female vocal action.  Diana delivered.  We then quickly moved to Miles Davis Kind of Blue (SACD) and Dave Brubeck Timeout (SACD).  Wow!  The Salks will be better than this?!  Now we were into video with k.d. lang on Blu-ray and Allison Krauss on DVD.  Super!  We ended up listening to the Three Pickers with Ricky Scaggs, Earl Scruggs and Doc Watson on CD and then a few others.  All good stuff.

We tasted a Pinot Noir from Fred Scherrer, 2006 Russian River Valley and a Syrah from Andrew Murray, 2005 Roasted Slope, Santa Ynez Valley.  Served with Porterhouse steak and corn off of the grill.  YUM!

This is tough waiting for my HT2-TLs!  ; )

vintagebob

« Reply #86 on: 21 Jul 2009, 03:22 pm »
Look what I found in my garage...holding car wash stuff?!  :?

Polk RTA 11Ts, circa 1990.  I've got them in my system right now and they sound pretty good.  They have more mid-bass impact than the Swan 4.1s but the tweeters seem to be just a tad harsh with some vocals.  I was thinking that either the Swan 4.1s or the new found Polk RTA 11Ts would end up being my surround back (7.1) speakers with the HT2-TL/HT1 setup?

bryede

« Reply #87 on: 24 Jul 2009, 06:23 pm »
Well, I have to excuse myself. My ST's and SC arrived today. They are visually stunning and sound amazing on the few tracks I've played so far! I'll try to post to the picture topic later!!!

vintagebob

« Reply #88 on: 24 Jul 2009, 06:59 pm »
Well, I have to excuse myself. My ST's and SC arrived today. They are visually stunning and sound amazing on the few tracks I've played so far! I'll try to post to the picture topic later!!!

Alright! That is outstanding.   :thumb:

Make sure you take time to eat and drink.  ; )

Are you still using the Roksan Kandy amp with these?

Nuance

« Reply #89 on: 24 Jul 2009, 07:57 pm »
Great news, bryede!  I look forward to your further impressions.

stc4life

« Reply #90 on: 24 Jul 2009, 07:59 pm »

Congrats!  So jealous now that I am down to 2-3 weeks until I should get mine.  Now, if I can only sell my current speakers to make room...

bryede

« Reply #91 on: 24 Jul 2009, 08:04 pm »

Actually, I am now using an Arcam AVR300 to simplify movie and music switching. Here's my setup:

Arcam AVR300
Marantz DV6001 DVD/CD/SACD
Samsung BDP-2500 for Bluray and Netflix streaming
Technics SL-1600MkII turntable with custom rebuild and paint.
Ortofon 2M Bronze cartridge
Hagerman Bugle Phono pre
Custom Multimedia PC
..and the lesser used components:
Panasonic VCR
Yamaha KX-800U 3-head cassette deck

I think that's it. I've been listening to mostly vinyl since I hooked up the towers.

vintagebob

« Reply #92 on: 27 Jul 2009, 02:53 am »

Actually, I am now using an Arcam AVR300 to simplify movie and music switching. Here's my setup:

Arcam AVR300
Marantz DV6001 DVD/CD/SACD
Samsung BDP-2500 for Bluray and Netflix streaming
Technics SL-1600MkII turntable with custom rebuild and paint.
Ortofon 2M Bronze cartridge
Hagerman Bugle Phono pre
Custom Multimedia PC
..and the lesser used components:
Panasonic VCR
Yamaha KX-800U 3-head cassette deck

I think that's it. I've been listening to mostly vinyl since I hooked up the towers.

Nice setup bryede!

vintagebob

« Reply #93 on: 27 Jul 2009, 03:04 am »
UPDATE

Congrats to earthbound and his new HT2-TLs!

My AVA Double 240/3 is supposed to arrive tomorrow.  I originally ordered it while I was waiting for the SongTowers but I'm hoping that it will play nice with the HT2-TLs?  I guess we'll see how it plays with the Swans first!

The rest of my GIK panels should arrive in about three weeks.  I had some pictures put on some of the 242 panels and we'll see how that works out.

I'm still buying media as I wait.  Amazon must be very happy with me!

If anyone can share your home theater impressions with the HT-2/HT-1s I would appreciate it.  I watched the Incredible Hulk today with the Polks in the system and it was a fun ride.  I can only imagine what the larger drivers in the HT series will sound like!

Finally, I took my girlfriend to a Midsummer Mozart concert here in San Jose on Thursday.  We had great seats and it was really enjoyable listening to the music live.  I loved the sound of the string sections!  We'll be doing that again in the future.
« Last Edit: 13 Sep 2009, 06:12 am by vintagebob »

mathgeek97

« Reply #94 on: 27 Jul 2009, 03:50 am »
After seeing earthbound's sister speakers to mine, I'm even more anxious to get my speakers in my home!  Mmm, cherry veneer goodness... *Homer drool...*  Congrats earthbound.

My geeky triumph of the week:  I managed to add an Apple Airport Express to my existing network, and it actually plays music wirelessly from my computer using my iPhone as the remote.  Pretty cool, even if it was a crazy pain in the a** to get it to work right.  Hopefully the optical out will not make my HT2-TLs sound bad.  *fingers crossed*
« Last Edit: 27 Jul 2009, 11:36 am by mathgeek97 »

bahorn1

« Reply #95 on: 27 Jul 2009, 05:40 am »
Finally, I took my girlfriend to a Midsummer Mozart concert here in San Jose on Thursday.  We had great seats and it was really enjoyable listening to the music live.  I loved the sound of string sections!  We'll be doing that again in the future.

Hey vintagebob,

I didn't realize you are in the area.  I'm in Mountain View.  If you don't mind a visitor, I'd love to hear your HT2-TLs someday after they arrive.

My HT3's arrived last Thursday.  They are truly amazing.  I'll try to post pics sometime.

--Doug

vintagebob

« Reply #96 on: 27 Jul 2009, 02:29 pm »
Finally, I took my girlfriend to a Midsummer Mozart concert here in San Jose on Thursday.  We had great seats and it was really enjoyable listening to the music live.  I loved the sound of string sections!  We'll be doing that again in the future.

Hey vintagebob,

I didn't realize you are in the area.  I'm in Mountain View.  If you don't mind a visitor, I'd love to hear your HT2-TLs someday after they arrive.

My HT3's arrived last Thursday.  They are truly amazing.  I'll try to post pics sometime.

--Doug

Congrats on the HT3s!  Throw us some pics.  ; )

You are more than welcome to come by and listen to the HT2-TLs but it will be awhile.  I'm guessing mid/late September.

K Shep

« Reply #97 on: 27 Jul 2009, 09:57 pm »
Finally, I took my girlfriend to a Midsummer Mozart concert here in San Jose on Thursday. 

Bob,
I didn't know you are in San Jose.  I am up in San Francisco, I too would like a chance to check out your HT2-TLs.  And if you make it up to the City let me know, I would enjoy having you up in the attic (my listening room) to listen to my ST RT's.
Kirk
« Last Edit: 28 Jul 2009, 05:01 am by K Shep »

floresjc

« Reply #98 on: 28 Jul 2009, 03:25 am »
vintagebob -

The 240/3 should play nicely with the HT2-TL's. I talked to Frank about it when I was putting together my order for the TL's. He said they are a pretty easy load and a double 240 would work fine.

vintagebob

« Reply #99 on: 28 Jul 2009, 06:26 am »
Finally, I took my girlfriend to a Midsummer Mozart concert here in San Jose on Thursday. 

Bob,
I didn't know you are in San Jose.  I am up in San Francisco, I too would like a chance to check out your HT2-TLs.  And if you make it up to the City let me know, I would enjoy having you up in the attic (my listening room) to listen to my ST RT's.
Kirk

You're on for both!