Empirical Off-Ramp I2S/Freeway I2S products now available

audioengr

This is our first custom-design circuit-board product.  It converts USB to I2S, the native DAC chip interface.  The I2S outperforms the Off-Ramp Turbo, and it is no slouch.  You must have either a Perpetual Tech P-3A DAC or a Northstar 192 to use it.  The I2S interface eliminates all of the jitter created by S/PDIF.  Lowest jitter solution that we have heard.

Please see the website for more details.

Also, we have plans and are actively designing an I2S solution for the Benchmark DAC-1.  This should be available in about 2 months.  We have a new DAC-1 to model the change already and many of the parts.  The Off-Ramp I2S/DAC-1 combo should safely outperform practically everything on the market.

Steve N.

Marbles

« Reply #1 on: 21 Jan 2006, 08:13 pm »
I'm enjoying the heck out of my I2s/P3a combo.  How much better do you anticipate the Dac1 to be over the modded P3a?

audioengr

« Reply #2 on: 21 Jan 2006, 08:17 pm »
Quote from: Marbles
I'm enjoying the heck out of my I2s/P3a combo.  How much better do you anticipate the Dac1 to be over the modded P3a?

They are both wonderful.  I think the newer DAC chip in the DAC-1 may give it the edge in 3-dimensionality based upon comparisons with the Off-Ramp Turbo.  I would give it 10-15%, but I will not know until I build one. The advantage of the P-3A is that it uses fewer op-amps, and an external power supply.  Gets the magnetic field away from the circuits.

Steve N.