Response Audio at Chicago Audio Society show - June 27th

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
Everyone,

June 27th, is the Chicago Audio Society's June meeting. It will be held in Arlington Heights at 2:00PM.
 If you are planning on attending, you will be able to audition a pair of our latest Reference Jolida 801 mono bloc tube amps that will be used to drive the upper end of SP Technologies Continuum speakers while a Crown Macro Reference solid state unit deliversg the power to the lower end. Other products from our lineup includes the Birdland Odeon-AG DAC with the reclocker, various cables from Clarity Labs and [maybe] one of our Signature Series Ming-Da preamp.

Jam'n Joe from JAM'n Audio, our Chicago showroom, will be attending so this will be a good chance to meet part of the Response Audio team. I am going to try to make the event.

http://www.chicagoaudio.org

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #1 on: 28 Jun 2004, 08:39 am »
So Bill, how did it go on your end ? Thanks !! :)

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #2 on: 29 Jun 2004, 03:37 am »
For everyone wondering how the Chicago Audio Society meeting went, feel free to jump over to the SP Technologies circle and see what Bob, the owner of SP Tech. had to say about the Reference Jolida RA801A.

On another note, Response Audio is now an authorized dealer for the SP Tech. speakers throughout New York with a few Star Sound also being added to the list!!

westcoast

« Reply #3 on: 29 Jun 2004, 03:29 pm »
Bill, which is the thread where he's talking about your Jolida?

Double Ugly

« Reply #4 on: 29 Jun 2004, 04:04 pm »
Quote from: westcoast
Bill, which is the thread where he's talking about your Jolida?

I'm not Bill, but check near the bottom of this thread.

Quote from: SP Pres
Also, we absolutely must thank Bill Baker of Response Audio for building the increadible sounding Jolida 801's that were used. I guess its about time I shut up about tube amps 'cause I didn't know what I was talking about in the past. Those babies were increadible! They didn't have the mushy low end or edgy highs I've heard from tube amps in the past. Although I will make one point in my own defense. I've always said that there was no reason that tubes COULDN'T sound as good as S-S, just that few manufacturers ever make them. Well...Bill's one that DOES! That thing was one of the best amps I've ever heard - PERIOD. Bill had to build the thing in time for the show and he came through with time to spare. Thanks Bill - you da' man!    

DU

westcoast

« Reply #5 on: 30 Jun 2004, 01:24 pm »
That's it.  Thanks, DU!   :)