Service pipeline

Riverdalium

Service pipeline
« on: 5 Mar 2023, 01:14 pm »
Throwing out an idea that would help set expectations with service for repairs and the Back to the Future program.

If Bryston published a pipeline status of where is my gear today and where is it in queue, sort of like the little car in the pizza delivery interface

a) received
b) triage
c) on bench
d) waiting for parts
e) testing
f) complete - into shipping

It would give everybody (including Bryston) an idea how long it takes to do a great job including the dependencies beyond control.
communication creates patience - unless it just sits mysteriously at stage a)
and one other thing - the certificate for the BTTF should include date of manufacture.

Jozsef

Re: Service pipeline
« Reply #1 on: 6 Mar 2023, 08:36 am »
While I have no inside knowledge of this specific issue, based on conversations I've had recently with Bryston staff, the plan is to have many aspects of customer service upgraded as the integration of certain services with Axiom progresses.

Riverdalium

« Reply #2 on: 7 Mar 2023, 04:17 am »
Hope so - retro and vintage are a strong trend.
witness the Nad C 3050 LE - back to 1972 and getting a lot of attention for its design

GrooveControl

« Reply #3 on: 7 Mar 2023, 09:50 pm »
Hope so - retro and vintage are a strong trend.
witness the Nad C 3050 LE - back to 1972 and getting a lot of attention for its design

That NAD was my favorite product at AudioFest in Toronto last October.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #4 on: 7 Mar 2023, 10:08 pm »
Yes interesting folks - many of the vintage upgrades we have done customers want the old faceplates refurbished but look identical to the old version.

james

Riverdalium

« Reply #5 on: 8 Mar 2023, 12:51 pm »
Along the same lines, a 1967 Mustang now costs about $25k.
The NAD looks nice - very retro built on the 50 year anniversary and of course displayed with a turntable on the site. however it's hybrid digital so a little bit more like a new Mustang that looks old.

Point is the pipeline for Back to the Future and Trade Up is creating collector items and could be a very interesting part of the Bryston brand story. I hope there is an anniversary edition of the 3B in the works for 2026.