Strange behaviour of my SP3

WillyP

Strange behaviour of my SP3
« on: 28 Feb 2023, 07:51 pm »
Hi all,

Recently my SP3 showed strange behaviour. There was more information from the right front channel than from the left front channel. All distances and levels were correct. I tested this with a measuring tape and a SPL meter.

After I removed the power cable for a short time, the problem was solved. This trick sometimes also helps when a computer is acting strangely, but I am still surprised that this happened with my SP3.

Who can explain what was causing the problem?

WillyP

gbaby

Re: Strange behaviour of my SP3
« Reply #1 on: 1 Mar 2023, 03:44 pm »
Hi all,

Recently my SP3 showed strange behaviour. There was more information from the right front channel than from the left front channel. All distances and levels were correct. I tested this with a measuring tape and a SPL meter.

After I removed the power cable for a short time, the problem was solved. This trick sometimes also helps when a computer is acting strangely, but I am still surprised that this happened with my SP3.

Who can explain what was causing the problem?

WillyP

I have a Sony 65A9G OLED television. Every now and then, maybe twice a year, it has an operational issue. A reboot aways solves these issues. The SP3 may be fundamentally a computer. Every now and then it needs rebooting. My SP3 sometimes does not respond to commands from the remote. It, too, is solved by a reboot. I would not worry about it.