New Pink Floyd SACD in pre-order

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
New Pink Floyd SACD in pre-order
« on: 17 Aug 2011, 12:32 pm »
Wish You Were Here is at pre-order at this shop

http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/77001/Pink_Floyd-Wish_You_Were_Here-Hybrid_Multichannel_SACD

From Analogue Productions label at the usual $35, it is Hybrid, Stereo & Multichannel.

Phil A

Re: New Pink Floyd SACD in pre-order
« Reply #1 on: 17 Aug 2011, 12:42 pm »
I stuck it in my Wish List there a few days back.  Got to catch up on the back-log of what I have as the Wish List is piling up.  Anyone hear any word on the Blu-Rays?

ted_b

• Facilitator
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #2 on: 17 Aug 2011, 02:26 pm »
I posted about this a few times already.  The BluRay is only part of the immersion 5 or 7 disc set (depending on WYWH or DSOTM).   Too bad cuz I'd rather do the BluRay and not have the additional PCM to DSD of the SACD (these were not DSD recorded of course), but so be it.  The other DVD's in the set have surround tracks too but Dolby or DTS lossy ones.

http://www.brain-damage.co.uk/latest/get-immersed-in-pink-floyds-back-catalogue-with-outtakes-rarities-and.html

Phil A

« Reply #3 on: 17 Aug 2011, 02:38 pm »
Forgot - I'll have to look at it again a couple of months down the road.  The box sets have other things besides the music discs and I'm not sure I really want all that. 

Phil A

« Reply #4 on: 17 Aug 2011, 02:43 pm »
Here is what comes with the set (so I don't forget again):

IMMERSION BOX SETS
These are lavishly packaged editions that come with the same content as the Experience editions, but with additional discs (including various DVDs and Blurays) along with other specially designed goodies within the sturdy boxes...

- WISH YOU WERE HERE Experience edition - November 7th, 2011
Disc two features more from the November 1974 Wembley concert, and contains the following tracks: Shine On You Crazy Diamond (parts 1-6) live at Wembley (2011 mix and previously unreleased)
Raving & Drooling live at Wembley (2011 mix and previously unreleased)
You've Got To Be Crazy live at Wembley (2011 mix and previously unreleased)
Wine Glasses from the unreleased 'Household Objects' project
Have A Cigar alternative version (previously unreleased)
Wish You were Here featuring Stephane Grappelli (previously unreleased)

- WISH YOU WERE HERE Immersion edition - November 7th, 2011
In addition to the remastered edition, and the second disc from the Experience edition with unreleased live and studio tracks, this comes with an additional three discs of goodies.
DISC 3 - DVD1, ALL AUDIO: Wish You Were Here, James Guthrie 2009 5.1 Surround Mix (previously unreleased) in standard resolution audio at 448 kbps / Wish You Were Here, James Guthrie 2009 5.1 Surround Mix (previously unreleased) in high resolution audio at 640 kbps / Wish You Were Here, Original Mix (1975) LPCM stereo / Wish You Were Here, Quad Mix (previously released only on vinyl LP/8 track tape) in standard resolution audio at 448 kbps / Wish You Were Here, Quad Mix (previously released only on vinyl LP/8 track tape) in high resolution audio at 640 kbps
DISC 4 - DVD 2, AUDIO VISUAL: Concert Screen Films: Shine On You Crazy Diamond Intro / Shine On You Crazy Diamond / Welcome To The Machine animated clip / Storm Thorgerson short film. Concert Screen Films play in stereo and 5.1 Surround Sound
DISC 5 - BLURAY: AUDIO: Wish You Were Here, James Guthrie 2009 5.1 Surround Mix (previously unreleased) high resolution audio at 96 kHz/24-bit / Wish You Were Here, Original stereo mix (1975) mastered in high resolution audio at 96 kHz/24-bit / Concert Screen films: Shine On You Crazy Diamond Intro / Shine On You Crazy Diamond / Welcome To The Machine animated clip / Storm Thorgerson short film
This set comes with a 40 page, 27cm x 27cm booklet designed by Storm Thorgerson, an exclusive photo book edited by Jill Furmanovsky, an exclusive Storm Thorgerson Art Print, 5 x Collectors’ Cards featuring art and comments by Storm Thorgerson, replica of Wish You Were Here tour ticket, replica of Wish You Were Here backstage pass, scarf, 3 x clear marbles, 9 x coasters (unique to this box) featuring early Storm Thorgerson design sketches, and a 12 page credits booklet.

jamesg11

« Reply #5 on: 18 Aug 2011, 04:52 am »
& I guess there's a 'how-to-rip-bluray-audio-to hd' thread somewhere, ... just where?

JRace

• Greetings one and Everyone!
« Reply #6 on: 18 Aug 2011, 06:09 am »
& I guess there's a 'how-to-rip-bluray-audio-to hd' thread somewhere, ... just where?
http://www.computeraudiophile.com/content/How-Rip-High-Resolution-Blu-ray-Audio

PeteG

« Reply #7 on: 8 Nov 2011, 02:22 am »
I ordered the WYWH SACD today, but will the 24/96 Blu-ray be sold separately at sometime? Also I wish they would sell the entire “live at Wembley” by its self.

tesseract

« Reply #8 on: 11 Nov 2011, 11:33 pm »
Just ordered mine, hope it lives up to the hype. I'll only be playing it 2 channel.