Part-Time Audiophile and the RWA Liliana RE

Part-Time Audiophile

• Bright. Shiny. Mine?
    • Part-Time Audiophile
Part-Time Audiophile and the RWA Liliana RE
« on: 1 Feb 2014, 07:30 pm »
Just wanted to say thanks to Vinnie! I've been fortunate enough to have an extended tour with his Liliana Renaissance Edition monos. They're pretty awesome!

Full write up is here: Red Wine Audio, Part 1: Liliana Renaissance Edition mono block amplifiers.

And yes, that's only the first part. Part 2 is a turn on the dance floor with the mighty Isabella. Stay tuned.

Alwayswantmore

Re: Part-Time Audiophile and the RWA Liliana RE
« Reply #1 on: 2 Feb 2014, 09:05 pm »
Just wanted to say thanks to Vinnie! I've been fortunate enough to have an extended tour with his Liliana Renaissance Edition monos. They're pretty awesome!

Full write up is here: Red Wine Audio, Part 1: Liliana Renaissance Edition mono block amplifiers.

And yes, that's only the first part. Part 2 is a turn on the dance floor with the mighty Isabella. Stay tuned.

Editors Choice Award, nice! Thanks for the review PTA. Congrats to Vinnie!

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
Re: Part-Time Audiophile and the RWA Liliana RE
« Reply #2 on: 3 Feb 2014, 01:12 am »
Hi Scot,

Thank you for all your time and effort with the Liliana Renaissance Edition review - I know you've been listening to them for a while, and
the combination of this review and the previous "amp comparison" piece you wrote completes a clear picture of how they sound, what
kind of speakers they can drive, some good olde fashion tube rollin' info, etc.  I'm also digging the photoshoot, and that Editor's Choice award
was icing on the cake.  :notworthy:

I really wanted the Lilianas to not only be "muscle amps" compared to previous Red Wine Audio designs, but amps that had the finesse of
our lower-powered designs and still aimed for the best attributes of both tube and solid-state.  The Renaissance Editions that you reviewed
are the latest versions of that and our top-tier amplifiers.  Making sure they sounded balanced, quick on their feet, and open  with a wide range of speakers (low impedance, low sensitivity types to the easier-to-drive variety that can be driven with only a handful of watts) was
one of the main design objectives with the Liliana R.E., so I was excited that you found them to excel with both the current-hungry Magnepan 3.7s as well as the much more sensitive Devore 0/96s.

This is why I love the LiFePO4 + Class A tube input + discrete MOSFET output approach - and again, you captured the essence of that in your review.   They really shine the most (I would say "the brightest" but I don't like that word when talking about audio because I hate bright sound -  :wink:) with a good preamplifier in front of them.  A'hem - battery powered, single-ended, tubed  :green: - and I am looking forward to the Isabella Renaissance Edition preamplifier review coming next from you! 

Hi Alwayswantmore,

Thank you!

All the best,

Vinnie