Pi Speakers - Comments from those who attended LSAF or heard them elsewhere?

rockadanny

I see LSAF had a pair of 4-pi's playing. Or if you've heard them elsewhere ... curious as to your impressions.
Are they simply "fun" speakers, though would not otherwise cut it for serious listening?
Do they sound like Klipsch Heresey or Forte?
What are your impressions of them, or any other Pi models you've heard?

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
Nick77 has a pair.  He let some pretty nice speakers go when he bought them.  You might drop him a PM.

Norman Tracy

From my listening report in Positive Feedback LSAF 2019 Show Report
Auditioned as a stereo pair the four π is fantastically full range with smooth expert blending between woofer and horn. It's a constant directivity horn so there is no hint of 'shouting' colorations. I was struck by how the four π delivers so much of the 'big speaker' sound we only get from large air moving capacity yet its box is a very user-friendly size. Wayne Parham has found an excellent compromise, large enough to deliver SET friendly efficiency and house a 12" woofer but well short of being a room dominating behemoth. In summary listened to in stereo pair configuration the four π is superb.

Quote from start of page 4 here:
https://positive-feedback.com/show-reports/lone-star-audio-fest-2019/4/

I also discuss the depths of Wayne Parham's design chops, customer support, listening with vs without subs, and high value offered. Yes I am  big fan.

Beyond my friendship and detaching from that the four π is one of those modern horn designs that offer the dynamic life and fun that high efficiency brings to the party with none of the clenched teeth ringing or gross horn colorations that used to drive me away from horns.

Wayne always uses his Audio Note SET at LSAF with fantastic result. I would love to get loud with the four π using 60 watts of 6L6 PP power or refined solid state. That would be big fun.