Re: New SA-1 amp
« Reply #20 on: 24 Apr 2010, 05:04 pm »
Thanks DAnny.

Erik

Light-Echo

« Reply #21 on: 25 Apr 2010, 12:08 am »
Danny

Are you going to put this one on your website or is it there somewhere?

Dave

Danny Richie

« Reply #22 on: 25 Apr 2010, 01:58 am »
Are you going to put this one on your website or is it there somewhere?

I will (at some point) get it up on the website.

dvenardos

« Reply #23 on: 2 Jul 2010, 05:49 am »
Hey Danny,
I am just getting around to playing with my SA-1 / Eminence subs. Just curious why does the negative lead from the amp have such a small connector? The positive lead fits the sub perfect, but the negative lead is much too small.

Also, does the LFE input bypass the lowpass cutoff? Just wondering which input to use with a mono out.

Thanks.

Guy 13

« Reply #24 on: 2 Jul 2010, 08:03 am »
I will (at some point) get it up on the website.
Hi Danny.
Not having your SA-1 amps on your website, makes you loose potential sales, you know that already of course.
I bought four (04) of those SA-1 amps and I am anxious to see what they can do ?
Dayton Audio (Part Express) has some similar units in the same price range, but since I am in Vietnam, it makes more sense to consolidate all my purchases from Danny and also I like to do business with small business, because the owner care about the satisfaction of the customer.
Guy 13.

Rclark

« Reply #25 on: 2 Jul 2010, 08:04 am »
Is this all still using the servos? Or is this intended to be a cheaper alternative? If so what would the difference be between this and a couple of your H frame subs? Will there be plans available for us non engineers?

Guy 13

« Reply #26 on: 2 Jul 2010, 08:48 am »
Is this all still using the servos? Or is this intended to be a cheaper alternative? If so what would the difference be between this and a couple of your H frame subs? Will there be plans available for us non engineers?
Hi Clark.
I am not sure if that question is for me od for danny, but I will give my opinion anyway.
The SA-1 amplifiers is not for servo drivers and yes, it is intented to be a lower price alternative.
The SA-1 amplifier is standard with the V-2 and can be used with any drivers in any configuratuion U or H frames.
For the plans I saw them somewhere on GR - Audio Circle thread.
Danny can fill in anything I forgot and correct anything that not correct.
Guy 13.

Rclark

« Reply #27 on: 2 Jul 2010, 06:23 pm »
hey thanks guy 13, so this amp can drive a pair oneach side.... I wonder if you even need servo when ob

hey Danny..

Do you think I might (with these amps) be able to turn my set of Brahma 15's into ob subs that could work with the n3 in my room? And if so, what do you think the advantages or disadvantages? Whaddya think? I could save a lot of money as I already have the drivers.

If this could work well for me then subs are covered at 129 each amp plus flatpack etc. The magnets on the Brahmas are monstrous however and I wonder if it would cause issues with the audio gear, especially the tube buffer in the Sensation... ?

Danny Richie

« Reply #28 on: 2 Jul 2010, 07:33 pm »
I am just getting around to playing with my SA-1 / Eminence subs. Just curious why does the negative lead from the amp have such a small connector?

It is typical that a lot of woofers have a smaller terminal for the negative contact.

Also, does the LFE input bypass the lowpass cutoff? Just wondering which input to use with a mono out.

The LFE input by-passes the entire crossover and shaping circuit to send a full range signal to the woofer.

For mono operation you can use either input.

Not having your SA-1 amps on your website, makes you loose potential sales, you know that already of course.

Yeah, as soon as I get caught up on shipping out orders then I can work on the web site again.

Dayton Audio (Part Express) has some similar units in the same price range,

Nope, they don't have anything with an output that is designed to be the inverse of the roll off of an open baffle or sealed box.

Is this all still using the servos? Or is this intended to be a cheaper alternative?

A very low cost alternative.

If so what would the difference be between this and a couple of your H frame subs? Will there be plans available for us non engineers?

This amp is ideal for open baffle applications using woofers in H, U, or W frame types. It also is the amp used with our V-2 (Venuette) kits.

I wonder if you even need servo when ob

I don't really need a Corvette, but I want one.... The servo control on our SW-12-16FR woofers is a whole new performance level.

Do you think I might (with these amps) be able to turn my set of Brahma 15's into ob subs that could work with the n3 in my room? And if so, what do you think the advantages or disadvantages? Whaddya think? I could save a lot of money as I already have the drivers.

You'll still be a long way from servo control performance levels, but this amp would be a good amp to use on them in an open baffle application.

The magnets on the Brahmas are monstrous however and I wonder if it would cause issues with the audio gear, especially the tube buffer in the Sensation... ?

Not unless you are setting that gear on them.

Rclark

« Reply #29 on: 2 Jul 2010, 07:54 pm »
Ok ok. Cross that bridge when I get to it, but good to know. Thanks!

Danny Richie

« Reply #30 on: 5 Jul 2010, 10:22 pm »
I now have the amp on our web site and available for on line orders.

http://www.gr-research.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=156

Light-Echo

« Reply #31 on: 6 Jul 2010, 02:56 am »
Hi Danny

Confused with the pricing. At the beginning of this thread you have something for $129.00. On the web link it's $249.00. Is that for a pair then?

Thx
Dave

Danny Richie

« Reply #32 on: 6 Jul 2010, 03:14 am »
Corrected now. Check again.  :D