Hello, my name is Marty and I'm a Salkaholic

K Shep

Re: Hello, my name is Marty and I'm a Salkaholic
« Reply #40 on: 1 Oct 2009, 12:31 am »
You know, you too don't need too rub it in so hard!  Some of us aren't going to RMAF and your back and forth is like pouring salt in the wound.

Kirk

TJHUB

« Reply #41 on: 1 Oct 2009, 12:41 am »
You know, you too don't need too rub it in so hard!  Some of us aren't going to RMAF and your back and forth is like pouring salt in the wound.

Kirk

AGREED! :nono:  And then there's the thread stealing issue... :roll:

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
« Reply #42 on: 1 Oct 2009, 12:45 am »

Kirk

Actually, I've kind of lost track of what this thread is about.  It got off course pretty early on. 

vintagebob

« Reply #43 on: 1 Oct 2009, 12:57 am »

Kirk

Come on Kirk!  We can drive there in what...18 hours?  Too bad my Saturday is already planned.   :cry:

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
« Reply #44 on: 1 Oct 2009, 01:06 am »

Kirk

Come on Kirk!  We can drive there in what...18 hours?  Too bad my Saturday is already planned.   :cry:

Right.   That's got to be easier than getting up at 4:00 in the morning and driving to Baltimore for a United Airlines flight.  At least you'll have a fighting chance of finding your luggage when you get to Denver. 

K Shep

« Reply #45 on: 1 Oct 2009, 03:26 am »

Kirk

Actually, I've kind of lost track of what this thread is about.  It got off course pretty early on.

This thread has gone from speaker addiction, to scary, plain scary, to nice veneer, to lets go to RMAF, to you and pipe need to get a room.

Nuance

« Reply #46 on: 1 Oct 2009, 04:15 am »
^ LOL!

oneinthepipe

• Trainee
    • Salk Signature Sound/Audio by Van Alstine two-channel system
« Reply #47 on: 1 Oct 2009, 06:00 am »
Huh?

Hey, I don't think that you guys realize the sacrifices that Dennis and I are making to attend RMAF.   :rotflmao:

I won't speak for Dennis, but as you are aware, he won't be able to sleep past 400AM or he won't have enough time to complete the harrowing drive to BWI in rush hour traffic  :icon_twisted:   in time to make his flight on United, an airline that, well, nevermind.   :wave:

I have to get up by 1100AM, or there might not be enough time for my wife to load up the car and drive me to the airport to make my flight.  I will need to miss two days of work  :argue: and spend an entire weekend away from my wife  :kiss: and screaming children   :angel: , only to ride in a flying cattle car for hours with many, assumedly, influenza-infected travelers. :sad:  Were it not for the minimal amenities of traveling First Class  :wine: , I think that I would have a breakdown traveling under such horrid conditions.  I can only hope that the curtain that separates the First Class cabin from the overcrowded rear cabin is virus resistant. :o Then, while I had some hope of resting at the hotel after such an arduous journey  :sleep:  , Dennis informed me that the Marriott is a "Zoo." :banana piano:  Well, I can't say that I was happy to learn about the zoo-like qualities of the hotel, and the hotel's staff, obviously recognizing the anxiety this had caused,   :violin: immediately honored my request for assignment to a Concierge room, a benefit of my Marriott Elite status.  :rock:  Thus, while you bask in the comfort of your homes, I am embarking on a journey to the Rocky Mountains (with bears, mountain lions, and Broncos).   (I hope that I get to meet the Coors Light Twins.)  :drool: The sacrifices that we make; I hope that you appreciate them.   :beer:

oldmp3

« Reply #48 on: 1 Oct 2009, 12:43 pm »
Oneinthepipe: totally OT, but nomination for most excessivecreative use of smilies...  :bowdown:

R Swerdlow

« Reply #49 on: 1 Oct 2009, 05:00 pm »
Hey, I don't think that you guys realize the sacrifices that Dennis and I are making to attend RMAF.   :rotflmao:

Alright already!  We get it.  You and Dennis (:violin:) are taking one for the team. :bowdown:

We expect a full written report next week - illustrated with multiple photos :whip:

Nuance

« Reply #50 on: 1 Oct 2009, 06:10 pm »

Alright already!  We get it.  You and Dennis (:violin:) are taking one for the team. :bowdown:

We expect a full written report next week - illustrated with multiple photos :whip:
+1  :flame:  :guns:  :whip:  :peek:  :beer:

K Shep

« Reply #51 on: 2 Oct 2009, 02:06 pm »

Kirk

Bob,

Next year, but I've been on too many road trips, San Francisco to LA.  I don't think I would survive X hours in a car, besides if we book now we have all year to pay for it.

Kirk