problem with LRC

boatride

problem with LRC
« on: 8 Nov 2005, 11:58 pm »
Hi, My first post, I have been enjoying the information posted on the forum for some time now.
I have an LRC center channel that the wooden post on the right woofer came off.  This is the piece that is a dust cap on most speakers.  It appears it was siliconed into place and it came off.  Can I just re-seat the part with some new silicone or is this a more involved issue?    Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Everett

Brian Cheney

• http://www.vmpsaudio.com
phase plug
« Reply #1 on: 9 Nov 2005, 12:06 am »
Clean the residue off the bottom of the phase plug and the speaker pole piece.  Apply a dab of clear silicone sealant to the center of the pole piece and center.  Allow to dry for 4 hrs.

John Casler

Re: phase plug
« Reply #2 on: 9 Nov 2005, 12:29 am »
Quote from: Brian Cheney
Clean the residue off the bottom of the phase plug and the speaker pole piece.  Apply a dab of clear silicone sealant to the center of the pole piece and center.  Allow to dry for 4 hrs.

I might add that it might be best to place the speaker on its back so as the silicone sets up that the phase plug doesn't slip or slide.

Also take great care to make sure it is exactly "centered". :)

boatride

problem with LRC
« Reply #3 on: 9 Nov 2005, 12:39 am »
Thank you Brian and John, very through instructions, it shouldn't be a problem to fix.  By the way my friend GDickerson is anxious to get his RM40's that Brian just built for him and I suppose we will break them in over a few cocktails in the near future.   :D