Tips for cutting No-Rez?

EkW

Re: Tips for cutting No-Rez?
« Reply #20 on: 30 Mar 2020, 09:23 pm »
I used a jigsaw with fine blade and a bread knife. The knife was used mostly for the driver end to creat clearance. It worked surprisingly well. Sometimes even got nearly straight cuts. I can't see the no-rez behind the grille so nice edges were not important.

Roy Boy

« Reply #21 on: 30 Mar 2020, 10:52 pm »
Nice!  That's super cool that we inspired you :thumb:  How does the Chorus II sound now, after bracing?

I do not have the drivers back in yet..I have one more cabinet to do with No-Rez and I am recapping the OEM crossover as a stop gap until  I can get a "Danny Richie" designed crossover. I live in Dallas, but given the "stay at home" ordinance, I will have to wait until the COVID-19 situation flattens out.  I did replace the OEM tweeter and lens with Dave's LMAHL lens and DE-10 driver. That was a nice
upgrade.

Roy Boy

« Reply #22 on: 6 Apr 2020, 08:47 pm »
I do not have the drivers back in yet..I have one more cabinet to do with No-Rez and I am recapping the OEM crossover as a stop gap until  I can get a "Danny Richie" designed crossover. I live in Dallas, but given the "stay at home" ordinance, I will have to wait until the COVID-19 situation flattens out.  I did replace the OEM tweeter and lens with Dave's LMAHL lens and DE-10 driver. That was a nice
upgrade.
I did get the second cabinet done and both Chorus II's up and running last weekend. The bracing and No-Rez resulted in much better defined bass without the bloat. Tracks with a stand up acoustic bass (Sinne Eeg / Thomas Fonnesbaek - Evil Girl track) sound much more like the real instrument.
The new Soniccaps need to break in but was a big improvement over the 30 year old OEM caps.  I want to use Dynamat on the mid horn lens, woofer  and passive spyder when I can get some....So far it was been a worthwhile improvement sonically

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #23 on: 6 Apr 2020, 09:06 pm »
I used a dynamat-like product on the mid and woofer in my dads Technics speakers, as well as a similar norez product for the cabinet and that alone has really helped tighten the bass response, and reduce the ringing of the frames at higher volumes.
I still need to make braces, but I'm not in a position to get the wood i need and then travel to my mothers house to cut them.
Tho I'm sure once I can finish that, and add the last of the norez, that should really clean and stiffen things up further.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #24 on: 6 Apr 2020, 09:10 pm »
I did get the second cabinet done and both Chorus II's up and running last weekend. The bracing and No-Rez resulted in much better defined bass without the bloat. Tracks with a stand up acoustic bass (Sinne Eeg / Thomas Fonnesbaek - Evil Girl track) sound much more like the real instrument.
The new Soniccaps need to break in but was a big improvement over the 30 year old OEM caps.  I want to use Dynamat on the mid horn lens, woofer  and passive spyder when I can get some....So far it was been a worthwhile improvement sonically

Nice!!  Yes, that's exactly my experience too - cleaner, tighter bass.  Plus less muddiness all around. 

gguy

« Reply #25 on: 19 Apr 2020, 08:12 pm »
Wanted to give an update, the No-Rez project is complete.  I ended up buying a used table saw and it worked out great, I’m pleased with the results.  Now it’s time to get back to finishing the nx-oticas...