Introduction

spider252

Introduction
« on: 12 Sep 2021, 05:36 pm »
Hello, first post I live in the Pacific Northwest have been reading this forum for awhile I am in the middle of building the X-ls encore as my first speaker project a life long dream and I thank Danny and everybody else for helping this come true. I am getting ready to start the xover which is the hardest part for me, I am going through all the stickies that are related. Would love to see a good picture of the upgraded crossover for the X-ls. I would also like to thank Peter Rawlings for his excellent Flat pack and videos. Great people here thanks to all.

Phil

Vince in TX

Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: 15 Sep 2021, 01:41 pm »
Welcome!   Sorry for late response.   Had to deal with a weather event yesterday.

Did you see Danny's build video(s) for the X-LS Encore?   Very informative, and it looks like he used all of the upgraded components.   I still have my X-LS Encore kits sitting in the boxes because I decided to go with the A/V-1RS speakers instead for my Home Theater project per Danny's recommendation.   Once I get finished with the theater, I'll go back to the X-LS speakers.   Now that I've had first-hand experience with these speaker kits, I can't wait to add more of them to my home.

Here's the crossover portion:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIxig_9i-Iw

spider252

Re: Introduction
« Reply #2 on: 15 Sep 2021, 11:18 pm »
Thank You Vince, I have watched the crossover video several times and the wiring video which was also helpful because it was shot closer to the parts that were being put together and soldered. I have one crossover put together loosely and I am just going over everything to make sure it is correct.

spider252