Liiana RE's featured in amp comparo in Part Time Audiophile

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
All:

Scot Hull just posted a fun write-up on a few amps powering Maggie 3.7s and Tekton Pendragons.  It makes for an interesting comparison of how the sound of these amplifiers differ.

http://parttimeaudiophile.com/2013/11/27/magnepan-and-tekton-meet-pass-labs-odyssey-job-merrill-red-wine-audio-first-watt-and-vitus-audio/

Powering Maggie 3.7s:

Quote from:  "Scot Hull - Parttimeaudiophile
...the Liliana brought organic life to the party. I was immediately struck by how similar the Red Wine sound was to the xxxx — warm, rich,  tonally dense — but it then added another level of refinement and some very welcome top-end finesse.

With the Tekton Pendragon SEAS:

Moving from the Veritas to the Liliana was something of a whipsaw — I was clearly back to a “tone amp”. Where the Veritas has created a sense of mastery and control, the Liliana brought organic life to the party. I was immediately struck by how similar the Red Wine sound was to the Odyssey — warm, rich,  tonally dense — but it then added another level of refinement and some very welcome top-end finesse.

In the Wrap-up:

Speaking of tube gear, the $5,995/pair Liliana monos from Red Wine Audio were easily the surprise of the bunch. It’s hard to argue with these amps — the sound stage is reference-level, the tone is fabulous, and the bass beats the living piss out of what your typical tube amp would ever be able to produce — and they can do that into loudspeakers that would routinely make a tube-amp blush and look for some kind of towel to wrap up in. Just remember to flip to full-battery to get the most that these have to offer!

The even better news is that a dedicated review of the Isabella and Lilianas is coming next!  :hyper:

Scot is clearly a busy dude and we appreciate his time to conduct this amp comparison and the upcoming full review - I'll be sure to post it when it is live :thumb:

Wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving (in the areas that it is celebrated)!

Vinnie