stlrman

Re: NFL Football ('15 -'16)
« Reply #280 on: 25 Jan 2016, 01:20 am »
Carson Palmer sucks SH#T!!

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #281 on: 25 Jan 2016, 01:54 am »
Broncos have now moved into a 4 way tie with the Steelers, Giants and Patriots. Each team has gone to the Super Bowl 8 times. Denver, at this point, is 2-5, having beaten Green Bay and Atlanta and having lost Dallas, Washington, Giants, San Francisco and Seattle. I think Carolina is going to put another game in the lost column for the almost always almost good enough Broncos.

Carson Palmer looks about like that Houston QB did against KC. I forgot the guy's name already.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #282 on: 25 Jan 2016, 02:29 am »
Broncos have now moved into a 4 way tie with the Steelers, Giants and Patriots. Each team has gone to the Super Bowl 8 times. Denver, at this point, is 2-5, having beaten Green Bay and Atlanta and having lost Dallas, Washington, Giants, San Francisco and Seattle. I think Carolina is going to put another game in the lost column for the almost always almost good enough Broncos.

Carson Palmer looks about like that Houston QB did against KC. I forgot the guy's name already.

I was going to nominate you for the job of compressing 300 hours of ESPN pre SB coverage that we can expect for the next two weeks into 15 seconds until you couldn't remember Brian Hoyer's name (who provided another recent rough spot for his ala mater, Michigan State).

I'm on a permanent boycott of Fox, so I'll wait to find out the final outcome of the Panther/Cardinals game.

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #283 on: 25 Jan 2016, 02:49 am »
I just turned it off after Carolina decided to go for 2 points with under 6 minutes on the clock.
At some point you have to realize that you've won, anything else is just running up the score.

Go, Broncos!

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #284 on: 25 Jan 2016, 02:55 am »
Broncos have now moved into a 4 way tie with the Steelers, Giants and Patriots. Each team has gone to the Super Bowl 8 times.
The Giants have been to the Super Bowl five times (1987, 1991, 2001, 2008 and 2012). Dallas has 8 appearances.
Here is the list of all teams that made it to the Super Bowl.
http://www.betfirm.com/most-super-bowl-appearances/

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #285 on: 25 Jan 2016, 03:02 am »
Who else feels like Carolina will beat Denver by four or five touchdowns? :o

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #286 on: 25 Jan 2016, 03:48 am »
I don't think it will be close, but 5 touchdowns?.  Although Denver has the D to keep it close, it looks like Peyton is nearly done.  I could see 35-10.

vonnie123

« Reply #287 on: 25 Jan 2016, 05:00 am »

I hope not.  I don't want to get flashed by Superman's cape that many times.  Wish he were more like Barry Sanders.  Everytime Cam makes a big play, it's like some celebration event.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #288 on: 25 Jan 2016, 07:43 am »
I hope not.  I don't want to get flashed by Superman's cape that many times.  Wish he were more like Barry Sanders.  Everytime Cam makes a big play, it's like some celebration event.

I dunno, I kind of like it.  He's like a kid on the playground.  The ol' No Fun League gets too stuffy sometimes, Cam's a breath of fresh air IMO.

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #289 on: 25 Jan 2016, 09:10 am »
I was going to nominate you for the job of compressing 300 hours of ESPN pre SB coverage that we can expect for the next two weeks into 15 seconds until you couldn't remember Brian Hoyer's name (who provided another recent rough spot for his ala mater, Michigan State).

I'm on a permanent boycott of Fox, so I'll wait to find out the final outcome of the Panther/Cardinals game.
I'm sorry if I let you down, JLM. Brian Hoyer was so forgettable in that game, I forgot him in my post.
S. Clark - Looks like you are right about the Giants. I just repeated something an announcer had said on air. ApparentlyI got it wrong - or he did. Fault is mine - either way - for not checking before I posted or for misremembering something I had heard said during the game.  Anyway, thanks for the correction.

Jeff - Permanent boycott of Fox is commendable. I don't suppose you can say why on here but a PM would be appreciated.

Peyton Manning has a history of underperforming in the biggest games and being compromised by cold or otherwise inclement weather. The one time he did win a Super Bowl, it was because Indy had a little guy named Bob Sanders who seemed to be everywhere on defense. Since Denver has a very competent D and the game will be played in a location that is unlikely to be freezing cold, I have a little hope that the Broncos might prevail. On the other hand, if Carolina scores more than 3 touchdowns, I think they win. There's no way Denver gets more than 30 points without some defensive or special team scores.

charmerci

« Reply #290 on: 25 Jan 2016, 09:32 am »
I just turned it off after Carolina decided to go for 2 points with under 6 minutes on the clock.
At some point you have to realize that you've won, anything else is just running up the score.

Yeah, that's very Bellychick-ian.

The purpose of a boycott is to affect the company's bottom line. Watching one game on a channel that's already included in your cable - or over the airwaves - is not going to make a difference.

Don't worry, we won't tell if you do watch it.  :no_speak:
« Last Edit: 25 Jan 2016, 03:23 pm by charmerci »

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #291 on: 25 Jan 2016, 11:38 am »

I agree, what happened to acting like you been there before.  Smacks of an immaturity that is distasteful to me.

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #292 on: 25 Jan 2016, 12:17 pm »
I think it was Bill Parcels who told his players when they get to the end zone to act like you've been there before.

Cam Newton was the #1 pick in the 2011 NFL draft and Von Miller followed as #2 overall. This Super Bowl may reveal whether they were chosen in the proper order. I'm most worried about Manning reverting to his turnover ways. The other concern relates to officiating. Denver seems to walk a thin line in their defensive techniques. It does appear that the refs have been told to let them play in the big games. Recent games (even the Steelers) seemed to be short on flags. So guys like Talib may be allowed to work their magic. If not, I fear the Broncos may set a record for Super Bowl losses - if they don't have it already.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #293 on: 25 Jan 2016, 01:16 pm »
Barry Sanders spiked the ball on his first NFL TD, then made the mistake of asking his dad what he thought.  Dad berated the spike and he never did it again.

Defense is more about team play, so it's hard to compare Miller to Newton.

My boycott is tiny bit of personal civil disobedience.

Manning's arm is so weak, how can they win?

rodge827

« Reply #294 on: 25 Jan 2016, 01:46 pm »

After yestersdays game we might think that to be true. The Denver D could keep Cam in check? They are the #1 defense and we're all over Brady causing a major disruption to his game. Payton looked great, but I do feel the Panthers take it 27-17!

cab

« Reply #295 on: 25 Jan 2016, 01:49 pm »
I think it was Bill Parcels who told his players when they get to the end zone to act like you've been there before.

Lombardi, I believe...

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #296 on: 25 Jan 2016, 02:13 pm »
I'm fairly certain Parcells said that but I conferred with Google and divined the fact that Vince Lombardi is indeed credited with that sage advice. Just looking at the two men suggests to me that the sophisticated and noble advice is more likely to have been issued by Lombardi than the slovenly and bombastic Parcels. Of course, the fact that Vince was coaching many years before Parcells should be taken onto account also. I stand corrected - again.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #297 on: 25 Jan 2016, 04:19 pm »
  New England  cheaters OUT, loving it. Great game.

charles

mcgsxr

« Reply #298 on: 25 Jan 2016, 05:46 pm »
I could do with less "running into the center of the field and pretending to dig a grave for the QB" after a sack.

I can live with a spiked football and a high 5 or two, but the ritual posing is no better than the "Icky Shuffle" used to be for me.

While I agree that some players go overboard with their celebrations, I was repeatedly touched by how many players after a TD gave a young fan in the crowd the ball - boys and girls.  That I thought was really awesome, and allowed for some excellent photo ops of the youngster jumping up and down in pure joy.

Charles Calkins

« Reply #299 on: 25 Jan 2016, 06:05 pm »

I'm caught between a rock and a hard place. I'd like to see the Broncos win the Super Bowl.
   Just because it's probably Peyton Manning's last game playing football.
   On the other hand I don't want Carolina to  lose. Because their coach is Ron Rivera.
   Went to and played great football at U.C. Berkeley. "Go Bears"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers
                                                                         Charlie