NFL Football ('15 -'16)

vonnie123

Re: NFL Football ('15 -'16)
« Reply #180 on: 27 Dec 2015, 06:21 am »
Certainly was a good game tonight.  Why the Eagles don't fire Chip Kelly - I'll never know?

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #181 on: 27 Dec 2015, 06:24 am »
Same goes for football --- there are people who like the Cowboys.
And there are those that don't.  JerryJ doesn't mind if you love or hate the Boys as long as you keep talking about them.

S Clark

« Reply #182 on: 27 Dec 2015, 06:26 am »
... Why the Eagles don't fire Chip Kelly - I'll never know?
...but.. but... the media says he's a genius!...

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #183 on: 27 Dec 2015, 11:40 am »
...but.. but... the media says he's a genius!...

No they don't, and they haven't for awhile.  Only smarmy haters that have nothing to say about their own team do.  Chip is a failure in every facet of his responsibility.  All he had to do was simply repeat last year's mediocre performance and the Eagles walk away with the division, he couldn't even get close to that.  He needs to be fired because the alternative is worse, keeping him drags the team down more than they already are, more than almost any coach you could hire off the street would.  I didn't think Lurie would get rid of him, but after this performance maybe, hopefully.

S Clark

« Reply #184 on: 27 Dec 2015, 01:47 pm »
No they don't, and they haven't for awhile. 
True, although the media was still on the Chip bandwagon at the beginning of the season, with a few taking a wait and see position, they have jumped ship in droves with each passing week... and he did deliver for a couple of seasons. 
But extremes make good storylines... Chip genius, Jerry Jones buffoon, and evil Belichick.   

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #185 on: 27 Dec 2015, 04:44 pm »
Go Hawks !

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #186 on: 27 Dec 2015, 08:58 pm »
The Panthers are no longer undefeated.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #187 on: 27 Dec 2015, 10:02 pm »
True, although the media was still on the Chip bandwagon at the beginning of the season, with a few taking a wait and see position, they have jumped ship in droves with each passing week... and he did deliver for a couple of seasons. 
But extremes make good storylines... Chip genius, Jerry Jones buffoon, and evil Belichick.

Yup, I'd pretty much agree with that statement.  Chip had a pretty good 1st year taking over a 4 win team, but the seeds of failure were sown then.  Regression in year two and a faster rate of regression in year 3 may end in his resignation.  The scenario would be Jeffery taking the GM job away and Chip quits.  One can hope...

charmerci

« Reply #188 on: 28 Dec 2015, 06:02 pm »
Yup, I'd pretty much agree with that statement.  Chip had a pretty good 1st year taking over a 4 win team, but the seeds of failure were sown then.  Regression in year two and a faster rate of regression in year 3 may end in his resignation.  The scenario would be Jeffery taking the GM job away and Chip quits.  One can hope...

Well, it seems like Kelly tried to bring the college atmosphere (including his coaching style and personnel moves) and I just don't think it works. Hopefully, he stays...said as a Skins fan!

Who'd a thunk it? I had my serious doubts 11 weeks into the season. Scott McC is really going to turn this team around. They couldn't have done it without the backups. Two starters on D came in in mid-season!

S Clark

« Reply #189 on: 30 Dec 2015, 12:41 am »
Hot off the presses:
Chip Kelly fired; Cowboys, Redskins, and Giants in mourning.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #190 on: 30 Dec 2015, 01:31 am »
News broke on my way home tonight on sports talk radio here in the greater Philadelphia area.  Chip was most likely fired at this time for his comments yesterday where he said he wasn't in charge of player personnel so don't blame him.  I'm sure that set Jeffery on his ear when he heard that.  An interim head coach and a temporary director of player personnel were named for the last game of the season.  Stopped at taco bell on the way home and there were cheers from the people eating when they heard the news.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #191 on: 30 Dec 2015, 02:38 am »
Hot off the presses:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

steve in jersey

« Reply #192 on: 30 Dec 2015, 03:11 pm »
Hot off the presses:

This happening was about as predictable as Chip was in his play calling this year !

There was no way Chip could have had the same type of success running his no huddle offense without having the same amount of offensive threats or cohesive offensive line play he had in previous years.

I guess Kelly didn't recognize the importance of a teams player personnel is way more important in the Pro game. In the College game you are more able to overcome the teams you are facing through game planning alone. That doesn't work in the Pro game for several reasons ! The first being that the player skill set level of the team that you're playing every week is high enough for each game to be competitive.

I think Chip should have entertained the College coaching offers he received earlier this season, as he doesn't really appear to be able to communicate much higher than a very basic level with his players at this level !

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #193 on: 3 Jan 2016, 07:41 pm »
Wow; is Kellen Moore for real?

stlrman

« Reply #194 on: 3 Jan 2016, 08:55 pm »
Hang on Bills!!!! Steelers  :thumb:

charmerci

« Reply #195 on: 3 Jan 2016, 09:52 pm »
Wow; is Kellen Moore for real?

He's playing against a secondary that is out a starting safety, a first and second string CB along with 2 injuries against a team with a big lead.

Johnny2Bad

« Reply #196 on: 4 Jan 2016, 01:22 am »
It's xx:20 Sunday Night ... the Minnesota @ Green Bay game will start in a moment.

You are normally crazy to bet against Green Bay most of the time, and you are certifiable to bet against Green Bay at Lambeau Field almost any time, but if there is ever a time to do so, tonight against a division rival would be one.

I just have a feeling, ther is no other reasonable explanation, but I think the Vikings prevail tonight.

Call me crazy.

Johnny2Bad

« Reply #197 on: 4 Jan 2016, 01:27 am »
The TV guys in particular like to play up the "Frozen Tundra" story especially during Monday Night, Sunday Night and any Playoff game, but everybody does know that since the last renovation, sometime around the late 80's/early 90's, the field surface at Lambeau is hot-water heated to 60F, right?

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #198 on: 4 Jan 2016, 03:42 am »
Steelers actual make the playoffs, whodda thunk it.  Thank you Rex Ryan and the wonderful Bills team.  On to Cincinnati. 

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #199 on: 4 Jan 2016, 07:49 pm »
Vikes win the north!  Vikes win the north! :thumb: