GREAT Customer Service

rklein

• My finest audio piece ever!!
GREAT Customer Service
« on: 14 Apr 2013, 12:16 am »
I bought one of the RMAF Uberbusses that Dave had for sale.  I have been pretty happy listenening to all my components plugged into the Uber.

About a month ago, I noticed that when I came into my listening room that the power light on my C.A.P.S. music server was not lit.  I then saw that the outlet where I had the Uber plugged into was lit.(It is a GFI outlet that has a light when blown).

I didn't think anything about it and pressed the red button and put everything back on.  Well, the outlet started tripping on a more consistent manner and then just a few days ago would not let me plug the Uber into it at all.

I decided to take the Uber out of the chain and just plugged everything into a cheap power strip.  Voila!!  Everything worked.  I contacted Dave and wrote to him that I thought there was a problem with the Uberbuss.  Naturally, I was all proud of myself for narrowing down the problem pretty quickly.

Dave immediately got back to me stating that "nothing was wrong with the Uber" and went on to explain that the problem is with having all my components plugged into a GFI outlet and the the Uber doesn't play nice with that type of outlet.

If that was all to the story, I would not be posting here.  However, Dave went the extra step and has offered to send me a P&S 5362A receptacle.  As Dave said..."I figured that you might as well hear what a really good, non-exotic receptacle sounds like."

This, in my opinion, is not just good customer service but GREAT customer service.  :thumb:

Makes me want to purchase additional products that I may need from Dave's company.

Kudos and Thank You Dave.

Regards,

Randy

jparkhur

Re: GREAT Customer Service
« Reply #1 on: 14 Apr 2013, 12:22 am »
I agree. And there is not enough room here to say all the good things.

Side note:  I plugged my uber mini buss on tonight and popped a gfi too. Had to reset it.  No issues since. 

Danny Richie

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.gr-research.com
« Reply #2 on: 14 Apr 2013, 12:43 am »
Hey, that's Dave.  :thumb:

Triode Pete

• Industry Contributor
  • www.TriodeWireLabs.com
    • Triode Wire Labs - Affordable Audiophile Cables
« Reply #3 on: 14 Apr 2013, 12:58 am »
Dave is the BEST!  :banana piano:

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #4 on: 14 Apr 2013, 02:28 am »
I agree. And there is not enough room here to say all the good things.

Side note:  I plugged my uber mini buss on tonight and popped a gfi too. Had to reset it.  No issues since.
Actually a RevB with special sauce.  Here is the deal, Jon.  The BUSSes, have a smal neutral to ground noise filter as well as a 1M ohm resistor.  GFI's will see this as a ground fault if there is noise running around in you neutral or ground circuits.  Sometimes it is there an sometimes it is not.  When it is present the GFI will trip.  Personally, I think there is no place in an audio circuit for GFI receptacles.  Of course if you are using one of "those" (balanced power supplies) products with them you are hosed.  My advice is to get rid of them or put them on a different circuit.  They are generally low quality receptacles with a potential noise generator inside as a sensing circuit.  Don't like 'em, never have, never will.

GFI's are great where there is water and or stupid people.  Since none of you guys are the "DOH!" types act accordingly.  :D

Dave

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #5 on: 14 Apr 2013, 02:31 am »
I bought one of the RMAF Uberbusses that Dave had for sale.  I have been pretty happy listenening to all my components plugged into the Uber.

About a month ago, I noticed that when I came into my listening room that the power light on my C.A.P.S. music server was not lit.  I then saw that the outlet where I had the Uber plugged into was lit.(It is a GFI outlet that has a light when blown).

I didn't think anything about it and pressed the red button and put everything back on.  Well, the outlet started tripping on a more consistent manner and then just a few days ago would not let me plug the Uber into it at all.

I decided to take the Uber out of the chain and just plugged everything into a cheap power strip.  Voila!!  Everything worked.  I contacted Dave and wrote to him that I thought there was a problem with the Uberbuss.  Naturally, I was all proud of myself for narrowing down the problem pretty quickly.

Dave immediately got back to me stating that "nothing was wrong with the Uber" and went on to explain that the problem is with having all my components plugged into a GFI outlet and the the Uber doesn't play nice with that type of outlet.

If that was all to the story, I would not be posting here.  However, Dave went the extra step and has offered to send me a P&S 5362A receptacle.  As Dave said..."I figured that you might as well hear what a really good, non-exotic receptacle sounds like."

This, in my opinion, is not just good customer service but GREAT customer service.  :thumb:

Makes me want to purchase additional products that I may need from Dave's company.

Kudos and Thank You Dave.

Regards,

Randy
Randy, thank you so much.  It was an appropriate thing to do.  You can report back when you hear the 5362A in circuit.  It will take a while to break in ( I know, I know) but you should hear the changes immediately.

Enjoy.   :thumb:

Dave