CD Tour... Officially renamed: Tour de Floyd 2013 : Officially over, darn it.

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
Re: CD Tour...
« Reply #40 on: 24 Jan 2013, 05:47 pm »
Do you by chance have insight to a reasonable cryo facility?If so I have some things I would like to get cryo'ed.
Whatcha got to cryo?  If it is not too large I can do it.

Dave

underdawg

• Industry Participant
« Reply #41 on: 24 Jan 2013, 06:02 pm »
wow ok.
I have some tubes,some cables, and wondering how a speaker would do such as a 15 inch max woofer,midrange or tweeter and possible pc video card.
I am a big cryo fan used to use cryo parts usa until he passed away.
« Last Edit: 24 Jan 2013, 07:27 pm by underdawg »

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #42 on: 24 Jan 2013, 06:11 pm »
wow ok.
I have some tubes,some cables, and wondering how a speaker would do such as a 15 inch max woofer,midrange or tweeter and possible pc video card.
I am a big cryo fan used to use cryo parts usa until he passed away.

The only things here that I'd pass on is the large woofer and perhaps a mid.  Too many variables and the woofer is too big for my vat.  Tubes are usually OK, but I will not do the megabuck NOS tubes that are irreplaceable and some large bottle tubes can fail at the base.  Everything else is OK.

Lee was a good man and I owe a part of my success to his generosity and goodwill.  I miss the man.

I'll be in touch.

Dave

underdawg

• Industry Participant
« Reply #43 on: 24 Jan 2013, 07:28 pm »
dave do you mind sending me a private pm to discuss cryo work please. thank you deric

dflee

« Reply #44 on: 26 Jan 2013, 12:03 am »
Friday, 7:02 PM, Crickets

Larkston Zinaspic

« Reply #45 on: 26 Jan 2013, 12:39 am »
I'm a Pink Floyd fan so I think this is an interesting idea but I was wondering...was there a particular reason why you chose this CD? Also, do you think the Q-Sound processing will affect the results?

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #46 on: 26 Jan 2013, 03:23 am »
Friday, 7:02 PM, Crickets
AFAIK the discs are on their way to you.  Please let me know when they land.

Dave

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #47 on: 26 Jan 2013, 03:37 am »
I'm a Pink Floyd fan so I think this is an interesting idea but I was wondering...was there a particular reason why you chose this CD? Also, do you think the Q-Sound processing will affect the results?
I would never have chosen this disc because of the incredible amount of digital processing done during mix down and mastering.  The choice was not up to me.  It was made by Rclark.  He said cryo is bogus.  I assumed that meant that it made no difference.  I challenged him and told him that there are indeed changes brought about by cryo treatment.  This test is to see if there are identifiable differences between the discs... Good OR bad.  All we are looking for are demonstrable differences between the discs.

I definitely believe that the Q Sound processing will have an effect.  I think I know what that will be, but I reserve my comments until the discs have made the rounds.

If I were choosing a disc for the testing I would choose recording that is relatively sparse in nature without a ton of processing done to it.  Muddy Waters "Folk Singer", Miles Davis "Kinda Blue", Cowboy Junkies....  A hundred titles come to mind.  Great classical recordings.....

Anyway, we have the Tour and test that we have.  What this will tell us is if there is or is not a difference in data.  Bits is bits... Right?

Dave

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #48 on: 26 Jan 2013, 07:44 pm »
I have been informed that there is a "hitch" in the system.   :scratch:   It should be resolved by Monday.  Hang in there, guys. 

Dave
« Last Edit: 26 Jan 2013, 09:31 pm by dBe »

medium jim

« Reply #49 on: 26 Jan 2013, 08:14 pm »
I have been informed that there is a "hitch" in the system.   :scratch:   It should (must) be resolved by Monday.  Hang in there, guys.  I tried to make this easy.  Really, I did.

Dave

Dave:

You can't control everything or everybody.  I'm sure that once the snag gets corrected things will run smoothly.

Jim

Rclark

« Reply #50 on: 26 Jan 2013, 08:55 pm »
Not my fault guys, the post office is a generally crappy choice for shipping. I never have to wait forever or face some equipment glitch at a FedEx.

Don't anyone pass away now, the cd's are coming. Have fun kids. Out.

steve in jersey

« Reply #51 on: 26 Jan 2013, 09:01 pm »
Sorry to interrupt the "tour", but I was wondering if someone could confirm if my impression of what constitutes a tour is correct ?

Would it be correct to assume that someone institutes some sort of test involving comparable or like items that they done comparisons on & then these "controls" are passed on to another participant(who in turn performs his testing) & so on until everyone has done so. At this point someone collects all the individual results & conclusions are then posted. Is that about the gist of thing ? (Or am I completely off my rocker ?)

Sounds like a great use of community, guys ! (If I've guessed wrong, I'm no dopier than I was. Except now everyone knows.  He,he he)

Thanks, Steve

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #52 on: 26 Jan 2013, 09:07 pm »
Sorry to interrupt the "tour", but I was wondering if someone could confirm if my impression of what constitutes a tour is correct ?

Would it be correct to assume that someone institutes some sort of test involving comparable or like items that they done comparisons on & then these "controls" are passed on to another participant(who in turn performs his testing) & so on until everyone has done so. At this point someone collects all the individual results & conclusions are then posted. Is that about the gist of thing ? (Or am I completely off my rocker ?)

Sounds like a great use of community, guys ! (If I've guessed wrong, I'm no dopier than I was. Except now everyone knows.  He,he he)

Thanks, Steve
Not dopey a bit.  That is exactly what is going on here.  We are doing a group participation project to see if there are differences in cryo CD's.  We'll see.

Dave

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #53 on: 26 Jan 2013, 09:45 pm »
Not my fault guys, the post office is a generally crappy choice for shipping. I never have to wait forever or face some equipment glitch at a FedEx.

Since I am paying for this tour, I wanted to take the least expensive way out.  Made sense to me being my money and all.  Yes, USPS has problems.  The are, however, the best shipper that I have in the context of cost, least amount of damage and convenience.

It's all good.  Things like this always seem to be fraught with problems.  I have some power cables out there on tour and I have no idea where they are.   :scratch:   I guess I should be concerned, but I'm too busy trying to make a living to sweat the small stuff. 

Dave

medium jim

« Reply #54 on: 26 Jan 2013, 10:05 pm »

Nice, blame the host.  BTW, you could have printed the shipping label online and not have to wait in a line...

Jim

dflee

« Reply #55 on: 1 Feb 2013, 02:51 am »
Recieved the package today. Got some listening to do.
Talk to ya'll later

Don

SoCalWJS

« Reply #56 on: 1 Feb 2013, 02:58 am »
Talk to ya'll later

Don

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Woo hoo!!!!

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #57 on: 1 Feb 2013, 03:25 am »
Talk to ya'll later

Don
good to see that they made it.  Party on.

Dave

medium jim

« Reply #58 on: 1 Feb 2013, 03:31 am »
Rolling, rolling, rolling...

Jim

dflee

« Reply #59 on: 1 Feb 2013, 02:28 pm »
Keep them doggies rollin

Don