Amazon Music Question

Don_S

Amazon Music Question
« on: 2 Jul 2021, 07:55 pm »
I have Amazon Prime. If I buy a song can it be downloaded to my computer or is it only available to stream?

I want one song that has not been released on a CD. I know the MP3 resolution will not be the best but I want to download it to my computer then transfer it to the storage in my music server.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B08VN1GNFD/ref=dm_ws_sp_ps_dp

Jon L

Re: Amazon Music Question
« Reply #1 on: 2 Jul 2021, 09:26 pm »
Nice version of "..Country Road." You can only buy the MP3 version but can stream the "Ultra HD" version which in this case is 24bit/48kHz, so I would just stream.

BTW, I wish Amazon would only call >= 88.2kHz files Ultra HD, not 24/44.1 and 24/48 files.

Don_S

« Reply #2 on: 3 Jul 2021, 07:26 pm »
Nice version of "..Country Road." You can only buy the MP3 version but can stream the "Ultra HD" version which in this case is 24bit/48kHz, so I would just stream.

BTW, I wish Amazon would only call >= 88.2kHz files Ultra HD, not 24/44.1 and 24/48 files.

Jon,

I do not currently stream. If I buy the MP3 does it download to my computer so I can copy it and move it?

Phil A

« Reply #3 on: 3 Jul 2021, 10:15 pm »
Jon,

I do not currently stream. If I buy the MP3 does it download to my computer so I can copy it and move it?

Yes - if you buy an MP3 it gets downloaded to the PC.  I use a music server and an NAS and in rare instances if there is just one song (did that not long ago on Amazon) I want I'll buy the MP3 (and then move it to the NAS after I convert it to something my music server will play).