NFL - 2011 Situation

Bigfish

NFL - 2011 Situation
« on: 28 Dec 2009, 01:51 am »
I know, I know the 2009 season has not yet ended and we still have the playoffs; however, the news at the moment is that we had better enjoy the end of this season because it would seem we are likely to have a lock-out for the start of the 2010 season.  I don't like college football but I may have to watch it next year!  Lets hope the owners and players are smart enough to reach an agreement but everything I am hearing is that an agreement is not likely without a lock-out.

Ken

MaxCast

Re: NFL - 2011 Situation
« Reply #1 on: 28 Dec 2009, 05:32 pm »
As long as they don't make the NFL pay per view (which I think most of it will eventually be) I unfortunately will want them to get it settled no matter what.  Yes I love pro football, but local college and High School football is cool too.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #2 on: 28 Dec 2009, 06:46 pm »
As long as they don't make the NFL pay per view (which I think most of it will eventually be) I unfortunately will want them to get it settled no matter what.  Yes I love pro football, but local college and High School football is cool too.

Can't see that ever happening myself Rich,,, the NFL is making too much money off CBS, NBC, FOX, ESPN, and their own NFL Network to give it all up for their own payperview. Plus they really already have payperview with the NFL Sunday Ticket. Can't see them taking their hands out of all these pockets for the sole purpose of relying on just one pocket.  :dunno:

IMHO, the NFL would be shooting themselves in the foot with a ppv move. I already love the saturday college football scene myself and this years 34 Bowl game schedule.  :drool:

Cheers,
Robin

MaxCast

« Reply #3 on: 28 Dec 2009, 07:36 pm »
I hope you're right, Robin.  I just wonder how much more advertisers are willing to pay for spots on professional sports.  I view the NFL network as the evil empire  :icon_lol:  probably because I don't have it.

Bigfish

« Reply #4 on: 28 Dec 2009, 09:47 pm »
Guys:

This story written in the Charlotte Observer is about Carolina likely to retain the GM and Coaching Staff.  Please read the last paragraph in the article below as it pertains to the 2010 Season.

Sources: Carolina Panthers ready to retain Fox, Hurney for 2010 season
By Tom Sorensen
tsorensen@charlotteobserver.com
Posted: Monday, Dec. 28, 2009
STF

Carolina Panther general manager Marty Hurney, head coach John Fox and Fox's entire coaching staff will be offered the opportunity to return next season, the Charlotte Observer has learned.

Fox, whose contract will expire after the 2010 season, will not be offered an extension, however. Sources say he is scheduled to make about $6 million next season.

The return of the general manager and coaches could be a reward for upset victories the last two Sundays of Minnesota and the New York Giants.

Another factor, however, could be a potential lockout after the 2010 season. Contract negotiations between owners and players is expected to be bitter. If the owners lock the players out, teams might reduce expenses to prepare for the economic fallout.