Pacquiao vs. Hatton.

jimdgoulding

Pacquiao vs. Hatton.
« on: 24 Apr 2009, 07:28 pm »
You know this Hatton fellow throws a ton a punches a round and he ain't no drained out De La Hoya.  I got a feeling that he can out muscle and mavbe even out speed Pacman.  His punch production could have an effect.  I love Pacman's will and his footwork but I think the bigger man might win this time.  What you think? 

mjosef

Re: Pacquiao vs. Hatton.
« Reply #1 on: 24 Apr 2009, 07:33 pm »
I will stick with the Pacman, I think he will run circles around Hatton.
Hatton called Pacquiao one dimensional, but I think he was looking in the mirror.  :lol:

jimdgoulding

« Reply #2 on: 24 Apr 2009, 09:42 pm »
You could very well be right, mj.  On cable, Hatton's trainer had him runnin up mountians.  Dunno, think that might make his legs stiff.  Pacman can move like a hummingbird.

mjosef

« Reply #3 on: 24 Apr 2009, 10:30 pm »
I think I have only seen about 2 or 3 of Hatton fights, and he always looks like an ordinary plodder, Pacquiao, on the other hand is always so busy, constantly moving, bobbing, spinning...and he does it for the whole 12 rounds, that guy is so full of energy, I can't see Hatton matching that kinda intense energy.
Mayweather made Hatton look like he was moving in slow motion. I see more of the same with this bout.  :beer:

rydenfan

« Reply #4 on: 25 Apr 2009, 10:19 pm »
Hatton is a hard hitter and the potential is certainly there for him to surprise Manny with some hard shots. That being said I believe Manny will be a bit too quick and too smart for him in the end. I fully expect it to go the distance.

Rapt

« Reply #5 on: 26 Apr 2009, 05:36 am »
Mayweather made hatton look like an amatuer knocking him down with a check left hook, if you watch in the earlier rounds he just missed with another try at the same punch.. Manny will own hatton..

jimdgoulding

« Reply #6 on: 3 May 2009, 05:10 am »
Two rounds.  Wow.  I could see an ass whuppin but two rounds?  Wow.  Pacman processes stuff and reacts, pro-acts, as fast as anyone I've seen.  From what I read, tho, it was the plan to take it to Hatton.  His trainer said we knew what to do, we knew our opponent.  By the way, if you know Roach's history, you got to be glad for him. 

mjosef

« Reply #7 on: 3 May 2009, 05:28 am »
Yeah, wow...I hope to catch the replay next Saturday.

I see a Pacquiao/Mayweather fight in the Fall.  aa

mcrespo71

« Reply #8 on: 3 May 2009, 06:24 am »

I watched this live.  It was a brilliant fight by Pac Man.  I didn't expect him to dispose of Hatten this easily, but he is improving rapidly and now looks amazing.

JackD201

« Reply #9 on: 3 May 2009, 08:43 am »
Funny. I had the impression Hatton was bigger and stronger. As it turns out Pacquiao is taller, broader, has bigger legs and even more reach. I was happy Manny won but for a minute I was worried Hatton might have been seriously hurt. It was tragic how Hatton was so easily demolished. Still, the brits that surrounded us while boisterous and passionate were never rude or condescending. I salute Hatton's fans.

Congratulations Pac-Man!!!!!!!

launche

• ...on being an audiophile...no.
« Reply #10 on: 3 May 2009, 12:26 pm »

No doubt that would be THE fight.
But if I were Mayweather I'd want little to no part of Pacquiano.
If not only for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.
The arc of their careers don't seem to be meeting at the same apex.

rydenfan

« Reply #11 on: 3 May 2009, 05:21 pm »
Floyd has always been extremely tactful in who he has chosen to fight and also not to fight. I doubt he wants anything to do with Manny right now. Floyd with have his hands full with Marquez who has beaten Manny once and lost to him once. Although right now Manny seems to be on a different plane from where he has ever been. Kudos to him and Freddy  :thumb:

Did anyone watch the undercards? There is no doubt that the middleweight class is about to blow up  :bomb:  That kid from Cuba (Lavy I believe) and the Russian  :o lookout!! Those two are headed towards being incredible fighters. Nice job to Oscar for showcasing some of the best up and coming the sport has.

mcrespo71

« Reply #12 on: 3 May 2009, 06:38 pm »
Floyd has always been extremely tactful in who he has chosen to fight and also not to fight. I doubt he wants anything to do with Manny right now. Floyd with have his hands full with Marquez who has beaten Manny once and lost to him once. Although right now Manny seems to be on a different plane from where he has ever been. Kudos to him and Freddy  :thumb:

Did anyone watch the undercards? There is no doubt that the middleweight class is about to blow up  :bomb:  That kid from Cuba (Lavy I believe) and the Russian  :o lookout!! Those two are headed towards being incredible fighters. Nice job to Oscar for showcasing some of the best up and coming the sport has.

I watched the undercards and agree there were some really good fighters.  I was really impressed by that Russian who just had fists of steel!

jimdgoulding

« Reply #13 on: 11 May 2009, 12:22 am »
Saw the replay today.  Pacman is the most head to toe coordinated fighter I think I've ever seen.  His responses are lighting fast.  Great legs.  The punch that ended the fight was right on the money.  Pacman looked it in all the way.  Hatton got the shock of his life.  Marquez got a deal with Mayweather.  Pacman can just sit back and let the winner come to him.  I'm sure he's getting some stupendous purses now.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #14 on: 22 May 2009, 12:11 am »
Saw a picture of Marquez and Mayweather posing today.  Mayweather looks to be quite a bit larger than Marquez.