GAS Audio Jumble is Saturday, August 9th

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
Re: GAS Audio Jumble is Saturday, August 9th
« Reply #100 on: 11 Aug 2014, 02:15 am »
Yeah, it was "blue hairs" on one side of the gym, and "grey hairs" on the other.  Few dared cross over……….. :peek:

youravhandyman

« Reply #101 on: 11 Aug 2014, 05:45 pm »
So yeah, not much success this time.  Had plenty of interest and complements on what I brought but clearly the bulk of it was too pricey and just too new.  In the end I sold a couple of pairs of car speakers and a pair of interconnects. 
I did get a good workout hauling, unpacking, setting up, packing and hauling again all those speakers.   :thumb:

electricbear

« Reply #102 on: 11 Aug 2014, 05:56 pm »
I think if you can hold this event on a fairly regular basis it will start to gather some momentum. There has been a lot of people wanting something like this since The Speaker & Stereo Store stopped their swap meets.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #103 on: 11 Aug 2014, 06:40 pm »
Yeah, even list it on CL as "bring your own stuff to sell!"

"Clean out your basement!" kinda thing

aidynphoenix

• Aragon 4004mk2 Yamaha C-4, NS-1000, xiangsheng728a
« Reply #104 on: 12 Aug 2014, 03:06 am »
So yeah, not much success this time.  Had plenty of interest and complements on what I brought but clearly the bulk of it was too pricey and just too new.  In the end I sold a couple of pairs of car speakers and a pair of interconnects. 
I did get a good workout hauling, unpacking, setting up, packing and hauling again all those speakers.   :thumb:

i was very impressed!  id like to own a pair of AT-1's someday. i was standing at the far end of the gym when you turned them on, i spun around and immediately had to go look at what was making that beautiful sound.
i did not expect sound like that from a pair of tower speakers with dual 6" drivers.

do you remember what was the first song you played?  i spent my evening yesterday listening to jazz hits trying to find something similar.
 :green:

~john

drummerwill

« Reply #105 on: 12 Aug 2014, 04:13 am »

Yeah the music at the far end of the gym was really "in there"..... I think Marcus Miller mostly.

Willie

youravhandyman

« Reply #106 on: 12 Aug 2014, 04:29 pm »
Thanks John,
Like Willie said it was probably Marcus Miller.  I was running my Marcus Miller Pandora station all day.  Just seemed to show that speaker off well.  And I must correct you, they are 5 1/2" drivers.   :D

Matt

thadius65

« Reply #107 on: 3 Feb 2015, 02:21 am »
Does anyone in this group know a Brian Sturma?  I have a Marantz 2275 that belonged to him, two owners ago and I am looking for some history on the unit.

Thanks!

Ted