New England Patriots
15 (31.9%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Voting closed: 6 Feb 2012, 12:08 pm

2012 Super Bowl...Who will win?

mhconley

Re: 2012 Super Bowl...Who will win?
« Reply #40 on: 6 Feb 2012, 04:04 am »
Wow... I am not a fan of either team but that was one of the best, most suspenseful super bowl games I have ever watched.  Great game!

Martin

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #41 on: 6 Feb 2012, 04:26 am »
« Last Edit: 6 Feb 2012, 06:52 am by lonewolfny42 »

MaxCast

« Reply #42 on: 6 Feb 2012, 11:29 am »
Congrats to all you NYG fans.  It was a great game.  Those timeouts never hurt NY in the end.  But that NY fumble recovered by NY sure could have.  :)

PS  I guess I will now change my avatar and let you Giants fan parade the trophy  :(

jackman

« Reply #43 on: 6 Feb 2012, 12:32 pm »
Congrats to Giants fans.  I enjoyed the game and thought the better team won.  The ball was bouncing their way all game and Eli looked sharp.  It was fun to watch. 

jimdgoulding

« Reply #44 on: 6 Feb 2012, 12:52 pm »
Really enjoyed that one!  Just one turnover, right, that interception by a Giants linebacker who was beaten but hustled to recover and it was a game changer.  Good to the last drop, unless you were for the Pats.  For you guys I am sympathetic.  Just a couple plays short as Belichick said post game.  Manningham iced it for the G-Men on that sideline catch in the fourth and that pass had to be perfect.  Those two points didn't matter on the Pats first possession in the end.  I thought it was a bloody great game. 

jackman

« Reply #45 on: 6 Feb 2012, 01:31 pm »
The safety was huge. Without it the Pats would have only needed a FG to tie on the final drive.  In a dome that's not asking a lot. A td with less than a minute is a different story.

mcgsxr

« Reply #46 on: 6 Feb 2012, 02:11 pm »
A good tilt for sure, much better than some of the blowouts that other SB have turned into.

I enjoyed the game, and was rooting for the Giants.

I thought that the catch was tremendous, and could understand why it was contested so.

lcrim

« Reply #47 on: 6 Feb 2012, 04:18 pm »
Now that it is all over, I want to check in on the " Is Eli an Elite QB?."  The thing is, the question has become largely irrelevant. 
Eli is the leader of that team.  He kept his focus on what was imortant, how to win.  He was confident rather than boastful.  When he got knocked down, he got back up.  The enduring image I have of him is from the playoff game w/ SF in the rain and mud, he has just completed a pass after holding it till the last moment for the receiver to break free before throwing then getting absolutely pasted by the 49ers defense.  He's scrambling to his feet asking for timeout  w/ his helmet sideways , his jersey a mess w/ shoulder pads hanging out.  It was a strangely beautiful moment revealing how competition can bring out the best in people. 
I thought that the Giants got outplayed badly in both that game and yesterday by Brady and the Patriots but Eli simply wouldn't be beaten.  Yes, the Giants got many breaks but the will to win is not a chance happening.
Larry

jimdgoulding

« Reply #48 on: 6 Feb 2012, 05:10 pm »
You members with day jobs probably don't get a chance to watch ESPN's First Take on weekday mornings, or you may not want to.  Two critical passes were examinated in detail.  The completed pass to Manningham and the incomplete to Welker.  On the pass to Welker, there were two pass defenders in coverage but they had bit on a fake on something cause their coverage was blown and Welker was far ahead of them had an open lane to the end zone.  Brady threw the ball to the outside shoulder of Welker and Welker's momentum was straight ahead.  He adjusted to the position of the ball which required twisting his body from inside to outside in full stride and missed it.  Former coach Eric Mangini, a panelist, defended Brady's aim citing the free safety was closing the distance fast from the center of the field.  Well, the films showed that he wouldn't have gotten there in time and had Brady led the sure handed Welker to his inside it was a touchdown.  A poor judgment by Brady was the consensus.  I'm sure Welker felt responsibility for the drop but it was Brady's mistake.  Looked that way to me, also.  I don't imagine Brady felt very good about it either.

Eli's throw to Manningham was indisputedly perfect.