9ers 3.5 over G-men?

James Romeyn

• Industry Participant
  • James Romeyn Music and Audio, LLC
9ers 3.5 over G-men?
« on: 8 Nov 2011, 04:39 am »
In spite of being a 9ers fan, I suppose, because underdog is a good role, I wish the G-men were favored.  G-men just beat the Pats.  At least we're playing at home. 

cliffy

Re: 9ers 3.5 over G-men?
« Reply #1 on: 8 Nov 2011, 03:20 pm »
Go NINERs!

Enjoy it.  It has been a loooooong time since the Niners were worth watching.

James Romeyn

• Industry Participant
« Reply #2 on: 8 Nov 2011, 07:14 pm »
Some wins were against winning teams.  Yes, we're in the "PC" (Premier Collegiate) NFC West Division, but only one of the 7 wins was in our "Division".

It's also true that all five Super Bowl winning 9er teams occurred when the NFC West was competitive or more than.  One could infer a tough Division stiffens its Champion for a brutal post season...which in this case by any metric goes through the Packers lead by Aaron Rodgers...yikes!

One can also infer from two not-too-distant Super Bowls (Ravens and Tampa Bay) that defense can indeed win a Championship.  Defense is 9er strength, football's best linebacker in Patrick Willis and arguably the 2nd best in Navorro Bowman.  In one play last Sunday Willis encountered the full speed Redskin running back and slammed him to the turf. If the Skin made any forward movement past Willis it was inches or feet, not yards.         

cliffy

« Reply #3 on: 9 Nov 2011, 01:04 am »
I hear you!

This weekend will be a good test.

Still miles ahead of last few years.  (Could not even watch a complete game most weeks. :duh:)

twitch54

« Reply #4 on: 9 Nov 2011, 01:23 am »
It's also true that all five Super Bowl winning 9er teams occurred when the NFC West was competitive or more than. 

Really..........against who ??? For the record the only team OTHER than the Niners to even make it to a conference Championship game during that stretch, and lost, were the '85 Rams. The decade of the Ninties Atlanta and Carolina made a little noise.

While I'll give the Niners their credit I'll also state that part of it was due to a WEAK division in which they got to play their opponents twice.

James Romeyn

• Industry Participant
« Reply #5 on: 9 Nov 2011, 04:23 am »

Really..........against who ???

After checking it looks like yes, in '81 and '94 the 9ers were the only good NFC West team. 

'84 Rams 10-6 and made playoffs.  '88 Rams and Saints both 10-6, Rams made playoffs.  '89 Rams 11-5 and made playoffs. 

Looks like only two of the three Championship years the 9ers had serious Division competition.

Betting is for suckers (I do it on occasion)  :lol: .  What do you guys think of the betting line?

James Romeyn

• Industry Participant
« Reply #6 on: 9 Nov 2011, 07:26 pm »
"Football Gameplan" prediction HERE...seems like a good analysis.