New Member Post

bfstrysik

New Member Post
« on: 7 Dec 2019, 05:50 pm »
Hi

My name is Bruce and I just joined AudioCircle. I have been going through a journey the past 6 or 7 years trying different audio gear. It started when I took my original Polk Audio Monitor 10's, Denon CD player and Yamaha CR-1020 receiver (1979) out of the store room and fired things up. Since then I have learned how to rebuild crossovers, have gone through many sets of speakers, moved up to a Yamaha CR-2020, Adcom GFA 555 and Adcom pre etc. From there I became intrigued with tube gear and for those of you that are into tubes, you know where that can lead. A variety of amps and pres, tube rolling and on and on. I recently have been interested in SET equipment and high efficient speakers. One of my current systems is a pair of Bottlehead Paramounts 300B monoblocks, an Aric Audio Transcend pre amp with phono stage, Yamaha YP-D71 tt, and DIY crossoverless, single driver, full range speakers. I still need to veneer the speaker cabinets (MDF) and will probably start that project very soon. I am really liking the SET sound and will probably continue to move down that path. I do feel the urge to try a SEP amp and compare it to the 300B's. Maybe a Dennis Had model. Anyway, I look forward to reading material on this forum and to continue to learn. Best Regards

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: New Member Post
« Reply #1 on: 7 Dec 2019, 06:04 pm »
Welcome Bruce :thumb:

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #2 on: 7 Dec 2019, 06:09 pm »
Greetings & Welcome to AC Bruce   :thumb:

Phil A

« Reply #3 on: 7 Dec 2019, 06:34 pm »
Welcome!

Wind Chaser

« Reply #4 on: 7 Dec 2019, 07:23 pm »
Hey Bruce,

Welcome to Audio Circle. :D

I went through a half dozen or so SET amps over the years so I completely understand where you are at. My favourite was the Decware Zen, not a lot of power but what a revelation that was compared to all the tube and SS amps I owned prior to it.

bfstrysik

« Reply #5 on: 8 Dec 2019, 12:53 pm »
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!