From Argentina digging into DIY speakers world!

hgoh1611

From Argentina digging into DIY speakers world!
« on: 12 Feb 2020, 06:26 pm »
Hello everyone, My name is Martin, I'm from Argentina and a HiFi newbie (budget focus), looking for ideas and knowledge to be able to build my first HiFi speaker pair. Very pleased to have a place to learn and share experiences.

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: From Argentina digging into DIY speakers world!
« Reply #1 on: 13 Feb 2020, 01:09 am »
Welcome :thumb:

pcprincipal

• Is perception reality?
« Reply #2 on: 13 Feb 2020, 01:17 am »
Welcome!

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #3 on: 13 Feb 2020, 01:17 am »
Greetings & Welcome to AC Martin   :thumb:

Phil A

« Reply #4 on: 13 Feb 2020, 01:27 am »
Welcome to AC!

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #5 on: 13 Feb 2020, 11:47 am »
Welcome!

Suggest looking into the Cheap and Cheerful Circle here at Audio Circle for budget ideas.

DIY is for the adventurous hobbyist.  Can't easily audition before hand, but can make build mistakes, and resale is weak/iffy. 

Highly recommend streaming your music to save boatloads of money.  Along with that you should look into JBL 305 Mk2 ($300/pair USD MSRP, active 2-way monitors that can fill a medium sized room with very good sound or fit on a desktop).  They hit way beyond their price and include amplification and note that the 306 or 308 work well in-room too for more money.  Pair with a high quality DAC/preamp like a Sabaj D5 ($470 USD from Amazon) and possibly a powered subwoofer for a complete system. 

Wind Chaser

« Reply #6 on: 13 Feb 2020, 05:43 pm »
Hello Martin,

Welcome to Audio Circle.  :D

hgoh1611

« Reply #7 on: 18 Feb 2020, 08:24 pm »
Hi JLM, thanks for your advice.
I've a set up, Monitor Audio Bronze 2, SUB JBL Arena 100P, Electronics Onkyo TX-8150, Sony PS-HX500 (stock) plugged through QED XT40 speakers cable and Audio Quest Irish Red for the sub. Just started with the vinyl audio, I'm fascinated.
I'm in Argentina, so for a non rich guy, HIFI audio it's complicated.
I'm planning to build the X-statik speakers, what you think?

Welcome!

Suggest looking into the Cheap and Cheerful Circle here at Audio Circle for budget ideas.

DIY is for the adventurous hobbyist.  Can't easily audition before hand, but can make build mistakes, and resale is weak/iffy. 

Highly recommend streaming your music to save boatloads of money.  Along with that you should look into JBL 305 Mk2 ($300/pair USD MSRP, active 2-way monitors that can fill a medium sized room with very good sound or fit on a desktop).  They hit way beyond their price and include amplification and note that the 306 or 308 work well in-room too for more money.  Pair with a high quality DAC/preamp like a Sabaj D5 ($470 USD from Amazon) and possibly a powered subwoofer for a complete system.

Trunk

« Reply #8 on: 21 Feb 2020, 12:56 am »
welcome my fellow newbie :)

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #9 on: 21 Feb 2020, 04:08 am »
looking for ideas and knowledge to be able to build my first HiFi speaker pair.
Hi Martin, re-reading your post I though would suggest you a direct no-xover easy to buld OB or BR fullrange driver floorstanding speaker.
For OB you have the Lii 15'' at $399
https://www.lii-audio.com/product/recommended-15-full-range-speaker-driver-for-music-loudspeaker-with-tube-amplifier-f-15-in-pair/
And for BR you have the Nirvana Super15Ferrite>
https://www.commonsenseaudio.com/an15cfspecs.jpg

hdspeakerman

« Reply #10 on: 21 Feb 2020, 04:52 am »
Try visiting Partsexpress.com if you want to do diy speakers.  Lot of action and help at their Tech Talk.