Show us your Cherry

Nsm1979

Re: Show us your Cherry
« Reply #20 on: 1 Feb 2021, 04:16 am »
My Inline Maraschino amps and 60v power supply are an earlier model version than what Tommy is offering now.  I believe the 60v power supply now comes in two separate housings.  I suspect the specs are the same.  Perhaps Tommy will comment on this for clarification.

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
    • Digital Amplifier Company
« Reply #21 on: 1 Feb 2021, 05:55 pm »
Will fix the pics above (prev page).  At the time they were posted, photos weren’t showing up site-wide:
https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=174663.0

Had to make an additional album and re-orient the photos in the album before re-posting them.  Otherwise, the orientation gets all messed up.
« Last Edit: 2 Feb 2021, 03:47 am by AmpDesigner333 »

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #22 on: 2 Feb 2021, 03:51 am »
Do the ILM Kings require 1 60V pwr supply or 2? Or is it a different 60V supply from the STM version?
The STM uses one power supply for both channels.  Maraschino Monoblocks (DTM, GCM, ILM) have one supply per channel.

We did make a power supply with dual outputs at first.  This was for powering two monoblocks with one power supply, but haven't made them like that for several years now.

DRHamp

« Reply #23 on: 2 Feb 2021, 08:46 pm »
The STM uses one power supply for both channels.  Maraschino Monoblocks (DTM, GCM, ILM) have one supply per channel.

We did make a power supply with dual outputs at first.  This was for powering two monoblocks with one power supply, but haven't made them like that for several years now.

That clears up my confusion - thank you.

Jack1949D

« Reply #24 on: 18 Feb 2021, 09:17 pm »
 Yamaha RX-A3040, King 5-CHerry amp, Oppo BDP-103D

Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers and Horizon with RAAL ribbon tweeters, JTR 118HT sub

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #25 on: 9 Apr 2021, 05:20 am »
Do the ILM Kings require 1 60V pwr supply or 2? Or is it a different 60V supply from the STM version?
All Maraschino Monoblocks (ILM, DTM, GCM) now have one power supply per channel.  Way back, we had a two-output 60V power supply, but we stopped making those several years ago.  The same 60V power supply is used for KING STM as KING ILM, KING DTM, and GCM.  Many KING STMs also have the optional 12VDC jack for powering a DAC DAC.  This facilitates the "Cherry stack" (see photo).

Cherry Acronyms:
ILM = In-Line Maraschino (monoblock)
DTM = Desktop Maraschino (monoblock)
GCM = Golden Cherry Maraschino (top of the line Desktop Maraschino)
STM = Stereo Maraschino (2-channel)
x-CHerry = 2-to-5-channel amp series using Maraschino Monoblock boards