BRYSTON BDP-1/2 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS THREAD

A.P.A

Re: BRYSTON BDP-1/2 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1480 on: 1 Jan 2020, 09:31 pm »
Hey Guys...
Curious as if your able to stream "Master" quality music on tidal through your BDP? I understand your login credentials are made on the BDP user settings via web interface for tidal and or Roon and technically you should playback "Master" quality streams on tidal. I noticed that some devices do not support "Master" quality

feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
A.P.A

I was reading the thread on (Rookie questions about BDP2 and Pi ) and answers my question sated above.
Thanks James for the answer.

Offthegrid

« Reply #1481 on: 11 Mar 2020, 04:12 pm »
Hi again James:
I'm trying to use my android phone, Mpdroid and a router to control my BDP1. 

When I try to connect I get:  connection to mpd-server failed.  Strangely, I can see the music files behind the error message but can't access them.

I set both the host and streaming host to 192.168.0.100 and port and streaming port are the default numbers.  I set a password.  The router is connected to the ethernet port on the bdp1.

The phone connects with the router.

Help please!

Paul

bobf

« Reply #1482 on: 11 Mar 2020, 10:54 pm »
Hi again James:

When I try to connect I get:  connection to mpd-server failed.  Strangely, I can see the music files behind the error message but can't access them.

I set both the host and streaming host to 192.168.0.100 and port and streaming port are the default numbers.  I set a password.  The router is connected to the ethernet port on the bdp1.

Hi,

I use MPdroid with a BDP3. This has been a regular occurrence for a while. I hold the icon until app options appear. Select app info. Select force stop. The app reboots and works after that.
Bob

Offthegrid

« Reply #1483 on: 12 Mar 2020, 04:47 pm »
Thanks Bob.  Tried the force stop.  Also reinstalled.  Slightly different error and no playlist behind it:

Failed to connect to localhost/:1 (port 6600) : isConnection failed:  ECONNREFUSED

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #1484 on: 12 Mar 2020, 06:26 pm »
Hi again James:

Help please!

Paul

The password field should be left empty and for good measure you might want to reset your network settings on the BDP, you can use the menu on the front of the BDP to do this.

http://support.bryston.com/downloads/BDP/Manic%20Moose%20Manual.pdf

Then setup mpdroid again using the ip address assigned to the BDP

Chris

Offthegrid

« Reply #1485 on: 13 Mar 2020, 12:33 am »
Bingo.  Thanks much for the advice.
Is there a way to create a playlist via mpdroid.  There seems to be a designated screen but no create option.  As it is, I can play music only from an album or a genre.

Thanks again Chris.

bobf

« Reply #1486 on: 13 Mar 2020, 03:08 pm »
To create a playlist in MPdroid:
1. select songs and add to queue
2.in screen where songs are listed tap on three dots in right hand corner
3. select save
4. select new playlist
5. type in name for new playlist
6. click ok

gbaby

« Reply #1487 on: 13 Mar 2020, 06:34 pm »
Bingo.  Thanks much for the advice.
Is there a way to create a playlist via mpdroid.  There seems to be a designated screen but no create option.  As it is, I can play music only from an album or a genre.

Thanks again Chris.

Quit being lazy and read the manual.  :lol:

Wapiti

« Reply #1488 on: 21 Mar 2020, 02:46 pm »
I do not subscribe to Tidal, but when I perform a search of my library Tidal results are displayed along with my library results.

I am uninterested in what may, or may not, be available on Tidal.

Is there a way to exclude the Tidal results?

Thanks

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #1489 on: 21 Mar 2020, 04:31 pm »
I do not subscribe to Tidal, but when I perform a search of my library Tidal results are displayed along with my library results.

I am uninterested in what may, or may not, be available on Tidal.

Is there a way to exclude the Tidal results?

Thanks

Sorry, no

They do appear after the artists that do exist in your music library

Chris

Wapiti

« Reply #1490 on: 21 Mar 2020, 11:20 pm »
Yes, the Tidal results do appear after those in my library, and they are clearly labeled as Tidal.

Thank you!

R. Daneel

« Reply #1491 on: 15 Apr 2020, 04:09 pm »
Hi James / Chris!

Could you please tell me exactly which manufacturer and model of motherboard is used in the BDP-2?

If you don't know, can you please check with your engineer, if this is even possible during this time?

Best wishes,
Antun

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #1492 on: 15 Apr 2020, 06:47 pm »
Hi James / Chris!

Could you please tell me exactly which manufacturer and model of motherboard is used in the BDP-2?

If you don't know, can you please check with your engineer, if this is even possible during this time?

Best wishes,
Antun

Hi Antun

Thats a Chris question for sure.

james

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #1493 on: 16 Apr 2020, 12:38 pm »
It’s a custom version of a board from ibase, MI-890, single core version.  The original version is discontinued, if you need a replacement we can sell you one if your bop is no longer under warranty.

Chris

R. Daneel

« Reply #1494 on: 17 Apr 2020, 09:38 am »
It’s a custom version of a board from ibase, MI-890, single core version.  The original version is discontinued, if you need a replacement we can sell you one if your bop is no longer under warranty.

Chris

Thank you Chris!

I was just thinking it could come in handy to have a replacement in case anything happens as the BDP-3 upgrade is a little pricey for me at the moment.

How much is the BDP-2 board?

Also, in what way is it custom? In other words, how does it differ from the standard 'computer' board?

Thank you!
Antun

Lwxian

« Reply #1495 on: 23 Apr 2020, 12:31 pm »
Hi James / Chris,

I have issue with my Tidal as the latest firmware S2.42 2020-04-15 have removed the tidal app from application section.

Using the tidal function within media player mode, it could not load my artist collection under my collection section.

Is it the issue with the firmware, or there is a limit to no. Of artists in my collection? I could load the albums And tracks within my collection which is more in numbers. So it is a very strange bug.

I am still using the bdp-2 with bda-3 in my setup.

Thanks!

Mr. Leong.

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #1496 on: 24 Apr 2020, 12:39 pm »
Hi James / Chris,

I have issue with my Tidal as the latest firmware S2.42 2020-04-15 have removed the tidal app from application section.

Using the tidal function within media player mode, it could not load my artist collection under my collection section.

Is it the issue with the firmware, or there is a limit to no. Of artists in my collection? I could load the albums And tracks within my collection which is more in numbers. So it is a very strange bug.

I am still using the bdp-2 with bda-3 in my setup.

Thanks!

Mr. Leong.

Hello,

That's quite odd, if you place the BDP into service mode and email me the service id I can take a look remotely.

Chris

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #1497 on: 24 Apr 2020, 12:42 pm »
Thank you Chris!

I was just thinking it could come in handy to have a replacement in case anything happens as the BDP-3 upgrade is a little pricey for me at the moment.

How much is the BDP-2 board?

Also, in what way is it custom? In other words, how does it differ from the standard 'computer' board?

Thank you!
Antun

Honestly I'm not sure if this would be any cheaper as because those boards where customized for us they had a much higher price tag per board then the board used in the BDP-3 main board.  I'll see if Mike Picket can investigate a solution for you, he deals with the cost of repair and parts.

Chris

Lwxian

« Reply #1498 on: 26 Apr 2020, 03:14 am »
Hello,

That's quite odd, if you place the BDP into service mode and email me the service id I can take a look remotely.

Chris

Thanks Chris! I have emailed the service id to crice@bryston.com.

I will leave the bdp2 on for you to check.

Mr. Leong

R. Daneel

« Reply #1499 on: 27 Apr 2020, 11:06 am »
Honestly I'm not sure if this would be any cheaper as because those boards where customized for us they had a much higher price tag per board then the board used in the BDP-3 main board.  I'll see if Mike Picket can investigate a solution for you, he deals with the cost of repair and parts.

Chris

Okay, please ask Mike and let me know.

Thank you Chris!

Cheers,
Antun