Anybody know of a good pair of (small desktop) speaker stands?

IronLion

I recently put together a mini desktop system consisting of John Blue JB3's and the Kingrex T20U and PSU.  It is so, so much better sounding than I had expected, and will without doubt remain my desktop system for the foreseeable future.  The JB3's have really impressed me with their frequency response and dynamics. 

Anyways, I am looking for a way to put the JB3's on some stands to get them closer to, if not at, ear level at my desk.  I know Audioengine makes a mini desktop "stand" for the A2's that would probably work, but they tilt the speakers up towards your ears and don't really elevate them.  I'm looking for something that will get them up, but keep them level.  Given their small size, I figure a few building bricks would work, but if possible I would like something a bit nicer looking than that.  Does anybody have any ideas?

I know raising them up will probably take out some of the bottom end as they won't have as much surface reinforcement but I'd like to try it anyways...

srb

Wood Technology has some Made in USA solid hardwood desktop stands for a reasonable price:

Wood Technology Solid Hardwood Ebony FGH Series 8" Stands

Wood Technology Solid Hardwood Ebony FGH Series 12" Stands

Steve

IronLion

Wood Technology has some Made in USA solid hardwood desktop stands for a reasonable price:

Wood Technology Solid Hardwood Ebony FGH Series 8" Stands

Wood Technology Solid Hardwood Ebony FGH Series 12" Stands

Steve

These look perfect, thanks so much Steve.

srb

There was a pair of 10-1/2" H stands also, but they were MDF.  I don't know if this in-between size is available in the hardwood version series.  What is the perfect height for the JB3s and your seating position?

Steve

stigs

Granite stores have all shapes and sizes of remnants for sale all the time.DIY! Glue 4 pieces together twice.

IronLion

There was a pair of 10-1/2" H stands also, but they were MDF.  I don't know if this in-between size is available in the hardwood version series.  What is the perfect height for the JB3s and your seating position?

Steve

Not sure yet on an exact height, as I'm moving apartments and will have a new desk and a new office chair, but I figure elevating them 8-10 inches will work nicely. 

mr_slim

If you want to do a little diy, get some MDF cut to the size of the base of your speakers and mount these to them: http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/00054564.  I'd post a pic of mine, but they're not done yet..  :oops:

Poultrygeist

I suggest you make a smaller version of these world famous DIY TNT Stubbies.

http://www.tnt-audio.com/clinica/stubby_e.html

JayM

Seriously, I use 3 upturned soda cans (ie coke etc), so the can presents its smooth concave bottom surface, upon which I place 3 large glass marbles, upon which I place the speakers and voila! a DIY rollerball speaker stand. Actually works very very well in terms of sonics, but aesthetics, well not so much.

My wife made me take it off when our two year old pushed the speakers over etc etc. But the sound...