Balanced Anyone? Phase Control? NEW LS 36.5 - Shipping April!

modwright

Hi guys and thank you ALL for your words of support.  This project owes to my Distributor of Marketing and Product Distribution, Frank Kraus for his aesthetic design input, Alan Kimmels 'Mu' circuit design and engineering input and to the whole team at ModWright who help to keep it all going.  Okay, I have been working more than sleeping lately too ;), but without the entire team, we wouldn't be where we are now.

I AM very excited about this product and yes, its name is related to my son... My dear boy Spencer is now nearly 4 years old and weighs about 36.5 lbs.  Okay, so I'm a proud father :D.  Based on his birthweight and how tall he is projected to be, there will one day either be a model LS 6'-8" or a LS 200...not sure ;).

Incidentally, it is true that my age is nearly the same as I am about to turn 37, but that is a coincidence.

Thank you all again for your support.

Take care,

Dan W.

JoshK

Kimmel's Mu circuit is an interesting circuit. A few advantages over the standard mu circuit.  Glad some manufacturers are willing to follow more than the same few tired circuits.  :thumb:

modwright

Yes, the 'Mu' circuit type has a lot of advantages and is a great basis for design.  I have found that the key to building any fine piece of equipment is all in the details. ;).

We don't follow the same path as others...we strive for something better!

Thanks,

Dan

gthomas

And to think, I just bought a new SWP 9.0SE!!

Gene Thomas

SCompRacer

Re: Balanced Anyone? Phase Control? NEW LS 36.5 - Shipping April!
« Reply #24 on: 13 Mar 2007, 05:48 am »
High marks on the 36.5 Dan!

gostan

« Reply #25 on: 30 Mar 2007, 04:56 pm »
Will there be an internal phono option down the road?

miklorsmith

« Reply #26 on: 30 Mar 2007, 05:21 pm »
Any reviews booked yet?

modwright

Hi guys, first of all, a phono stage built into the LS 36.5 isn't out of the question, but it would also be accompanied by a full dual mono outboard power supply and both the PS and phono stage would be a step up from the SWP and SWLP units.  I am not saying no, but it would be costly.

Reviews are scheduled and others are in the works.  As some of you know, Sallie Reynolds is reviewing the SWL 9.0SE and SWL 9.0SE (Signature) edition for The Absolute Sound.  We are working on scheduling a review of the LS 36.5 with another prominent print magazine.  There will be a number of reviews rolled out for the LS 36.5 once we have the first units shipped.  It looks like the first units will ship to dealers on or about the third week of April and the very first production LS 36.5 will be used in Montreal at the Son & Image festival.  This unit will stay with our Canadian distributor, Tri-Cell Enterprises.

A good portion of the initial production run is already spoken for by dealers and this is the ONLY way that this product will be available.
I am very excited about the reception of this product as it is a significant step beyond the 9.0SE and 9.0SE Signature edition.  We have learned a lot since our Freshman offering and with our own custom designed MWI capacitors (nothing else was good enough for us), Teflon tube sockets, re-designed power supply and analog circuits (much thanks to Alan Kimmel again for his contribution) and a significant step up in overall build quality all make the new LS 36.5 a true step above.

Thanks,

Dan
« Last Edit: 3 Apr 2007, 02:27 am by modwright »

modwright

« Reply #28 on: 23 Apr 2007, 06:05 pm »
FIRST UNITS ROLLING OFF THE PRODUCTION LINE THIS WEEK!

We have pre-sold nearly 1/2 of the first production run of LS 36.5's to dealers and reviews are being scheduled.  Once reviews are confirmed and customer feedback is received, I will post promptly.

Thanks,

Dan W.