Fellow travelers for great sound

ChrisPDX

Fellow travelers for great sound
« on: 15 Apr 2018, 10:41 pm »
I recently moved back to the west coast and into a beautifully converted carriage house with a great room of broad stucco walls, high vaulted ceiling, wood trim, skylights in all directions overhead. It is a separate structure and well-insulated for energy efficiency, which conveniently means it's also essentially soundproof for the neighbors :) This private but acoustically challenging space has given me the opportunity to jump back into the world of audio reproduction and enjoyment, as I've carefully researched and assembled a high-ROI system that addresses the particular difficulties of this space. Biased towards CD-quality or better digital media/streaming as my current primary source (will integrate a turntable soon) and high-value separates for playback, preferably secondhand and/or delivering exceptional audio bang-for-buck.

CURRENT SETUP
Mirage OMNI 150 omni-polar speakers, wall-mounted 7-8', inverted tilted slightly downward towards listening area
Pioneer SW-8MK2 down-firing active 100W subwoofer
Parasound A23 Halo 125wpc Class A/AB power amplifier
Marantz NR-1506 audio/video surround receiver/streamer (serving as pre-amplifer only)
Integra DMI-40.4 transport for 80GB iPod Classic with FLAC/ALAC/320kbs-MP3 files (TOSLINK to receiver)
Sony BDP-S3700 Blu-ray/CD player (coaxial S/PDIF to receiver)
TIDAL HiFi subscription
 - AirPlay from iPhone > receiver for 16-bit/44.1kHz
 - Optical S/PDIF from MacBook Pro > receiver for 24-bit/96kHz

LOOKING TO ACQUIRE
 - Parasound P5 pre-amplifier
 - network streamer with MQA-certified DAC

LOOKING TO RETIRE/TRADE
 - Adcom GFA-2535 four-channel power amplifier (excellent condition)
 - Marantz NR-1506 audio/video surround receiver/streamer (above, like new condition)

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Fellow travelers for great sound
« Reply #1 on: 15 Apr 2018, 10:56 pm »
Welcome aboard Chris :thumb:

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #2 on: 16 Apr 2018, 12:35 am »
Hello, ChrisPDX.

Welcome to AC. It's generally a fun place to hang out to learn stuff - and feed the addiction.

In one month, my wife and I will begin searching for a suitable home in the Vancouver/Camas area. Once we're settled in (and assuming my listening room is decent), I will invite folks over for a G2G.

Michael

ChrisPDX

« Reply #3 on: 16 Apr 2018, 01:14 am »
Michael ... that sounds great. I love it out there in Camas and go up the Washougal River regularly! Where are you moving from?

Phil A

« Reply #4 on: 16 Apr 2018, 01:42 am »
Welcome!

JakeJ

« Reply #5 on: 16 Apr 2018, 12:12 pm »
Hello and welcome to AC, ChrisPDX, from another PNW resident.

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #6 on: 16 Apr 2018, 10:06 pm »
Greetings & Welcome to AC ChrisPDX   :thumb: