Happy Easter!!!

Aether Audio

• Industry Participant
    • http://www.aetheraudio.com
Happy Easter!!!
« on: 4 Apr 2010, 07:22 pm »
Friends,

We would like to wish you all a happy and joyous Easter holiday – assuming that it holds any meaning for you.  May it be a day of love, family and hope.

Just to add a little thought for your musing this day, we would like to pose the following.  Please note; we make no claims of validity or "fact" regarding the matter one-way or the other.  Rather… we are simply identifying the significance of the issue.  It is for each of us to decide (or not) for ourselves what is true and what is fiction.

If the story of the resurrection of Jesus Christ is based on nothing more than myth and wishful thinking, then humanity has little to loose in assigning it to the same category as all of the other myths and legends that have originated throughout history.  While it may add a certain amount of "color" and richness to our world as so many fables tend to do, we suffer little loss should we dismiss it or even ignore it altogether.

If, on the other hand, it is true… then it represents the most pivotal event in human history.  Unlike the majority of other myths, the Easter story suggests that physical death need not be the end of conscious existence.  More so, it even tells us that survival beyond the grave will ultimately result in each individual receiving a new physical body that will never again be subject to disease, aging or death (whatever exact form such a body may be).  Indeed, its implications for each individual as well as all of humanity address the most profound questions of life, and... seem to dispel our greatest fear – death.

If therefore, death has truly been vanquished and eternal life been made a free gift that is available to everyone that simply asks, we would then ask… "What greater question faces each of us?"  Except for this one "purported" event, all men ever born have died. We all face this ultimate destiny and the "eternal" question of what becomes of us after death - if anything - haunts us all… or at least most of us.

So then, what are we to do with this "story?"  Considering its implications, it would (at minimum) seem "prudent" not to simply dismiss it out-of-hand.  In fact, if there is even the remotest chance that the story is true, it would seem reasonable for each of us to research the matter to the greatest possible degree.  We suggest that to do otherwise and in the end discover we were remiss in having failed to do so… would seem the greatest possible, uh… "oversight?"  Talk about "missing your flight"!!!  :o

God bless,  :D
-Bob

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
Re: Happy Easter!!!
« Reply #1 on: 4 Apr 2010, 07:29 pm »
Happy Easter Bob, to you and your family.   This Sunday has renewed relevance to me and mine, what with the past month's tragedies and deaths in our family (I'll call you, no need to dwell here on the forum; David/George/Teajay/et al are aware).  Peace!   :thumb:

Aether Audio

• Industry Participant
    • http://www.aetheraudio.com
« Reply #2 on: 4 Apr 2010, 07:44 pm »
Ted,

I'm so sorry... I hadn't heard a thing before now.  To be sure, for what it's worth... I'm here for ya and you're in my prayers.  Call me when its convenient and...

Take care,
-Bob

decal

« Reply #3 on: 4 Apr 2010, 11:22 pm »
Like Leon Russell said to Joe Cocker,"Don't get hung up about Easter"

bhobba

« Reply #4 on: 5 Apr 2010, 12:50 am »
Hi Bob and All

Happy Easter Bob, to you and your family.  And happy Easter to all who post on this forum and indeed frequent audio circles.

I am very confident my financial situation will clear in November and I can finally take delivery of my speakers.  And am eagerly looking forward to having set up in my humble little granny flat.

All the Best
Bill

hifiman5

« Reply #5 on: 5 Apr 2010, 01:00 am »
Christ is risen.  He is risen indeed!!

rodge827

« Reply #6 on: 5 Apr 2010, 10:56 am »

Amen Brother!! Amen!!

bhobba

« Reply #7 on: 6 Apr 2010, 02:36 am »
Hi Bob and All

Happy Easter Bob, to you and your family.  And happy Easter to all who post on this forum and indeed frequent audio circles.

I am very confident my financial situation will clear in November and I can finally take delivery of my speakers.  And am eagerly looking forward to having them set up in my humble little granny flat.

All the Best
Bill

mjosef

« Reply #8 on: 6 Apr 2010, 02:39 am »

I ain't seen him...where is the "white paper" on that claim?