Poll

Do you plan on getting vaccinated for H1N1?

Yes
31 (45.6%)
No
32 (47.1%)
Not sure
5 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 68

To vaccinate or not?

rajacat

• Washington State
Re: To vaccinate or not?
« Reply #80 on: 4 Nov 2009, 04:22 pm »
The fact that we have regulatory agencies does not guarantee hat we have regulation.

That's for sure! Where were the regulators preceding this financial crises? :scratch:

turkey

« Reply #81 on: 4 Nov 2009, 04:24 pm »
Do they work?  At what cost to your longterm health?  Are they really worried about protecting you or are they driven by profits?  I'd rather my immune system learn on its own than be taught by a batch of chemicals.

You _are_ a batch of chemicals. :) Everyone is.

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #82 on: 4 Nov 2009, 04:25 pm »
I love profits.... hope everyone has them. 

WGH

« Reply #83 on: 4 Nov 2009, 05:11 pm »
Oscillococcinum or Oscillo - A homeopathic trituration of  goose or duck liver.  The all-knowing scientific crowd love to guffaw at this one, but it indeed works well.

Boericke & Tafel C & F - Another homepathic flu remedy helpful in reversing and containing flu outbreak.  One must take more than one shot of both C & F and Oscillo to be effective.  But, effective they both are if taken up to 4x in 24 hours.

Grapefruit Seed Extract - Or, Citrus Seed Extract.  Probably not as effective as Olive Leaf, but some find helpful.

Silver solution - Ionically or colloidally bound, silver is a widely proven germicidal, antibacterial, and antifungal agent.  My preference is Tri-Medica's Silva Solution...but there are likely many others.

Zinc - Wanna' reduce the duration of colds and flu's with just one product?  Make sure you are getting 10-50mg of zinc during the onset of symptoms.

I sure hope none of the ingredients in these over the counter "natural" drugs are made in China. Do you really know?

I prefer to get my vitamins and nutrients the same way Grandma did - from whole foods not chemicals.
Almira Elgan's website and newsletter is a good place to start. http://www.vegetarianorganiclife.com/

And I am over 60 so no H1N1 vaccine required.

Wayne

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #84 on: 4 Nov 2009, 05:12 pm »
  No vaccine for us either. When the medical profession objects [ doctors and nurses]on the steps of our State Capitol to getting forced to take the shot we get concerned. Why do they not want it ? They are in the know. Makes one wonder.

charles

pjchappy

« Reply #85 on: 4 Nov 2009, 05:17 pm »
Post away.   :thumb:

Paul
« Last Edit: 4 Nov 2009, 10:10 pm by pjchappy »

pjchappy

« Reply #86 on: 4 Nov 2009, 10:14 pm »
One thing I heard awhile ago regarding H1N1 is the concern of the impact of it the 2nd time around, which I believe is from around now, on.  The concern is it will act like the 1918 flu in that it came about and was relatively mild in the summer / early fall, then came back with a vengeance in the late fall / early winter.

As for me, I have never gotten any type of flu vaccination.  Hell, I might just have H1N1 right now.  If I ever get better, I'll be auto-vaccinated.   :lol:

Browntrout

« Reply #87 on: 5 Nov 2009, 10:42 pm »
Thanks for reopening the thread and I hope you get better soon. :thumb:

Big Red Machine

« Reply #88 on: 5 Nov 2009, 11:25 pm »
Oscillococcinum or Oscillo - A homeopathic trituration of  goose or duck liver.  The all-knowing scientific crowd love to guffaw at this one, but it indeed works well.

Boericke & Tafel C & F - Another homepathic flu remedy helpful in reversing and containing flu outbreak.  One must take more than one shot of both C & F and Oscillo to be effective.  But, effective they both are if taken up to 4x in 24 hours.

Grapefruit Seed Extract - Or, Citrus Seed Extract.  Probably not as effective as Olive Leaf, but some find helpful.

Silver solution - Ionically or colloidally bound, silver is a widely proven germicidal, antibacterial, and antifungal agent.  My preference is Tri-Medica's Silva Solution...but there are likely many others.

Zinc - Wanna' reduce the duration of colds and flu's with just one product?  Make sure you are getting 10-50mg of zinc during the onset of symptoms.

I sure hope none of the ingredients in these over the counter "natural" drugs are made in China. Do you really know?

I prefer to get my vitamins and nutrients the same way Grandma did - from whole foods not chemicals.
Almira Elgan's website and newsletter is a good place to start. http://www.vegetarianorganiclife.com/

And I am over 60 so no H1N1 vaccine required.

Wayne

My Pharmanex multi's are made in China:  http://www.nuskin.com/nuskin/us/en/products/pharmanex1/science/research_centerslaboratories.html

I'm okay with that.  One of the best, if not the best mutli you can get on the planet.

Big Red Machine

« Reply #89 on: 5 Nov 2009, 11:32 pm »
pharmaceutical grade nutrients

Buzz word BINGO!!

No such thing.  It is either a pharmacetical or it is not.  All these things are not regualted as a pharmaceutical and these companies are not spending the money it takes to be cGMP.  They have no FDA audits and there is no metric for purity.  Just because one says 99% pure there is no set analytical method to prove this.  One manufacturer could use one method while other use another.  FDA does not regulate their claims int he same way. 
PLUS I am sure that none of these companies do stability studies and do not even stabalize their product.  Mix it with corn starch and SELL it to the masses.  Now we are talking real snakeoil.
I am not saying these things do not work.  I am saying that this is a dangerous under regulated industry with just as major lobbying dollars at work to keep it under regulated.

You are incorrect sir.  The quality of the products I use are second to none and have rigorous quality controls and science behind them.  Certainly not from a psuedo-manufacturer.  Agree you have to be careful and educated.

One brand I use is Pharmanex because they give us the best results and have the highest quality we have found and according to them they meet or exceed GMP requirements.  Based on the quality I have received over the years I believe them.  http://www.nuskin.com/nuskin/us/en/products/pharmanex1/science/the_pharmanex_difference.html

IMO, the last thing we want is these products to fall under the FDA.  Then we'd have that politically motivated org really mucking things up.  If you eductae yourself and choose wisely, exceptional quality can be found.  Others I have used and use include Biotics and BodyWise.

AGreee on the coatings:  what we call a bedpan pill is typically coated in cellulose and does not break down and you pass it.  Lots of this junk in your local CVS or even the local vitamin shop.  Buyer beware.

Big Red Machine

« Reply #90 on: 5 Nov 2009, 11:35 pm »
Did you guys see this?  Study: H1N1 Poses 'Special Threat' to Obese People

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,571566,00.html

hmen

« Reply #91 on: 5 Nov 2009, 11:47 pm »
My girlfriend is an occupational therapist in an elementary school. She refers to her office as a "petri dish". She'll be getting vaccinated. I'm thinking about it.

BobM

« Reply #92 on: 6 Nov 2009, 08:33 pm »
Well I guess the discussion is moot now in my household. My 13 year old just came home from school with the flu. The periatrician doesn't want to see her unless her fever spikes. Plenty of fluids & rest - nothing more.

So I expect that my 16 year old and my wife will probably show symptoms some time next week. My immune system is pretty damn strong usually, but I guess I'm more susceptable now too.

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #93 on: 6 Nov 2009, 08:50 pm »
You guys may be missing an opportunity. Whenever my wife has any complaint of any kind I always offer to give her an injection.

BobM

« Reply #94 on: 6 Nov 2009, 08:53 pm »
You guys may be missing an opportunity. Whenever my wife has any complaint of any kind I always offer to give her an injection.

A hot germ injection?  :nono:

droht

« Reply #95 on: 6 Nov 2009, 09:14 pm »
"Yikes" is about all I can say after reading through this mess of a thread.  My only conclusion is that about half of us are sort of nucking futs.  Somehow this strengthens my belief that lots of fancy audio gear is full of nothing more than snake oil and shiny marketing.  I'm thinking about getting some $7000 JPS Labs speaker cables and soaking them in H1N1 vaccine before cryo treating them and then rubbing them with olive tree leaf extract. 

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #96 on: 6 Nov 2009, 09:34 pm »
"Yikes" indeed!

I'm brewing up a batch of snake oil right now, slicking up my late night infomercial, and polishing up the appropriate disclaimers to sell for a special introductory price of just $500 USD per mL.  I can decide later what it's good for.  (From Saturday Night Live: it's an audio contact polish, no it's a H1N1 cure, no it's both!)

droht

« Reply #97 on: 6 Nov 2009, 09:42 pm »
The first 15 seconds of this clip is priceless:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hvf8r3cX3vo