Nuprime sta 9x failure

Neoneo

Nuprime sta 9x failure
« on: 31 Jul 2023, 08:43 pm »
Good morning,

i have a nuprime sta 9x that i bought 4 months ago. and for a week, even if it works normally when I listen to music, it sometimes (even at night) and randomly produces a huge noise on the left speaker, even when the other devices associated with it (amg pra , dac x9, stream 9) are on standby. he can do it 3 to 4 times a day, see less, see no times in 24 hours.

Thanks
« Last Edit: 31 Jul 2023, 11:15 pm by Neoneo »

rustydoglim

Re: Nuprime sta 9x failure
« Reply #1 on: 31 Jul 2023, 09:33 pm »
You should contact your dealer/distributor or https://store.nuprimeaudio.com/helpdesk so that they can assist you with service.

I am unsure if this is a hardware problem because if parts fail, it will produce a distorted sound or not work.  This kind of intermittent problem appears to be coming from outside the STA-9X.

Does this problem happen only when other devices are on standby? How about connecting a trigger out from DAC-9X to STA-9X ?

Neoneo

« Reply #2 on: 31 Jul 2023, 10:25 pm »
thank you for your reply

I contacted the dealer for warranty. but I was asking the question to try to identify the cause of the problem.

the problem most likely comes from the sta 9x for the only reason that when it is plugged in alone (no other device plugged into it and it is just connected to the speakers) it produces this sound which is not a distortion but a big boom . and it even makes this noise when it is on standby after a day of use. This problem has been going on for a little over a week.

when I listen to the music it works perfectly (no distortion), but this boom is added to the music, briefly and randomly.

how could the trigger solve the problem? I understand that the sta 9x is always on. the trigger sends a signal of ignition and not of extinction, is not it?

my home cinema (Anthem mrx 1140) connected to the same speakers does not produce this noise. I tried with another speaker on the sta 9x and I still have the same problem. changing my power strip, wall outlet or plugging it into the nuprime pure ac-4 doesn't change anything.

this problem occurs when other devices (tv, tv box, panasonic blu ray reader...) are on standby or on. the problem also occurs when the devices are all on standby at night (soon after using it during the day?). I don't have a new device on my network and until about a week ago I didn't have a noise issue

by elimination I found that none of my other devices produced this noise.

rustydoglim

« Reply #3 on: 1 Aug 2023, 04:35 pm »
I was confused by what you stated earlier, that it made noise when other devices are connected to it.
If it is on standby all by itself and it makes some noises intermittently, then it could be some problem with the power replay board. But this is so weird, I don't recall ever encountering such a problem, not in STA-9X or any other products.

Please create a helpdesk ticket and mention that Jason said to expedite the service. We want to get the board back to the factory for diagnosis.

Neoneo

« Reply #4 on: 1 Aug 2023, 06:07 pm »
it's a little too late to open a ticket because I returned the product to the local seller (in France).
Or do I still submit the ticket?

i was talking about device on standby because i wanted to express the fact that the devices are not used and are therefore not in a position to send an erroneous signal to the sta 9x.

by being on these devices could process or send a too strong signal, received by internet or a disc. due to a possible failure of one of these devices.

and therefore by putting all the devices on standby, the sta 9x does not receive a signal from these devices and if despite this the noise persists, then we can deduce that these devices on standby are not the cause. This was the first step in my diagnostic process. second, the strict strategy consisted of literally unplugging any device connected to the sta 9x except the speakers.
« Last Edit: 1 Aug 2023, 11:23 pm by Neoneo »

rustydoglim

« Reply #5 on: 2 Aug 2023, 05:57 pm »
Since you no longer own the STA-9X, there is no point in creating a help desk ticket.
If the seller can reproduce the problem, we will hear about it.  :thumb:

Neoneo

« Reply #6 on: 3 Aug 2023, 11:34 pm »

here is the response from the local seller: "We thank you for your return, we left it in standby mode and finally after a few hours we were able to see the failure, therefore we will send it to the technical center of the supplier for repair with a response time of 3 weeks."
« Last Edit: 5 Aug 2023, 12:45 am by Neoneo »

rustydoglim

« Reply #7 on: 8 Aug 2023, 02:29 pm »
Thanks, I will contact the distributor.