Aurender in the House

Mr Peabody

Aurender in the House
« on: 7 Jul 2019, 03:19 am »
Common sense told me not to buy a music server before attending Axpona.  I did my research and the one I purchased checked all the boxes, rips, storage, streams Tidal etc.  I ruled some of them out, including Aurender, due to no phone app, others had no app of their own or not exactly what I wanted. 

Fast forward to Axpona, I go into the Aurender room talk with the guys and discover the ACS10, it was what I wanted in spades but I didn't know if it was any better than what I had and 2TB would suit me for now.

Fast forward again, I discover Stereo Haven, just across the pond carries Aurender, Charlie happens to have an ACS10 on display and agrees to bring it over.

Wow, guys still argue whether you can hear a difference in CD players, here's a box that just spits out digital and it shames my streamer I was using, I mean not even in the same league.  The ACS10 took my system to an entirely much higher level of performance.  You hear people talk about '"night and day" difference, no exaggeration, it was.  I should point out the ACS10 is a more expensive unit, the extra is money well spent though.

I knew I had to have one.  I put my unit up for sale, bought the required iPad, which had been one strike against the ACS10 prior to hearing it.  Unfortunately, after 30 days my M50.2 hasn't sold but having faith and jonesing for the ACS10 I jumped right off the cliff.

So now I have my own ACS10 and officially in the streaming camp.  I have Tidal High Fidelity and beginning to rip my CD's into the ACS10.  It has 8TB storage with 8 more back up and a tray for ripping.  Aurender have their own app which for now requires an iPad.  The ACS10 only has USB output.  If you already have a data base of music Aurender makes a host of various products.  When they wanted to take the computer out of audio they were targeting me.

popthinker

Re: Aurender in the House
« Reply #1 on: 7 Jul 2019, 03:33 am »
Glad you took the Aurender plunge, Bryan!

I would have bought an Aurender had my Innuos not dropped into my lap before Aurender introduced its new units. Enjoy!

Mr Peabody

« Reply #2 on: 7 Jul 2019, 05:58 pm »
Thanks.  You should come have a listen.  Maybe Kent will tag along.

If you hear of anyone looking for a music server, send them my way, I just bought the NAD M50.2 April, 2019.  I have it listed on the Trading Post here and Charlie put an ad on Audiogon for me.

On another note, I had the main area of the house spruced up.  If you remember the blue carpet, that's all gone and we went with a wood type floor and walls all painted, fixed up.

popthinker

« Reply #3 on: 7 Jul 2019, 06:01 pm »
Will do, Bryan.

That's a coincidence. We're getting wood floors in two bedrooms tomorrow.

dcbingaman

• Industry Participant
  • VPE Aerospace Consulting, LLC - LDW Model 1
« Reply #4 on: 9 Jul 2019, 02:02 am »
Anybody heard the Roon Nucleus and Nucleus Plus streaming servers ?  I hear they are also pretty good.  I am looking at picking one up later this year.

A_shah

« Reply #5 on: 9 Jul 2019, 10:58 pm »
how about Wyred4Sound Streamer :scratch: ? I am testing a Cambridge CXN V2  already tested a Bluesound node 2i next on my list is the Innuos , I don't rip CD just listen to  Quboz or Tidal network streaming , use the  Directstream DAC that beats anything that I have heard so far with  the DAC's that come with these streamers ! :thumb:
 :thumb:

Asghar

Mr Peabody

« Reply #6 on: 10 Jul 2019, 02:47 am »
When looking to stream it depends on what level your system is.  I've heard the Node 2 and it's decent for up to maybe mid-fi.  If you have a high end system and want to stream quality sound I can't stress enough the difference between something like the Node and Aurender.  There's a huge price difference but the improvement in sound is just as huge.

It also depends on whether your streaming will be background or for serious listening.

Popfinger uses Innuos, it sounds good in her system but not being familiar with the system I can't gauge how good the Innuos is.. 

I have an online acquaintance with a guy who works at Alma Audio, who carry some extremely high end gear, they sell and really like the Innuos.

I know it's a shocker for some but there's a real difference in sound quality amongst these streamer.  I've used the HEOS Link, Node 2, NAD 50.2 and now the ACS10, they all sound different.

In an inexpensive unit I liked the HEOS, the frequency balance was good and so was their app.