“AUDIO EXTRAVAGANZA” at McGurk's this Sunday, May 6th, 4-6 p.m.

Baumli

REMINDER: To all members (or peripherals) of GAS: In my recent posting about the “AUDIO EXTRAVAGANZA” that will happen on May 6 (4-6 P.M. @ McGurk’s), I neglected to emphasize that one of my main purposes is for this to serve as a gathering for GAS people. Over the last two years, Scott Faller has been working about 60 hours a day (yes; day), so hasn’t had a chance for any big gatherings at his place even though he (perhaps reluctantly) continues to serve as our alpha audio guru. Adrian is trying to make his living as a musician, and that keeps him busy evenings. Sturgus continues to serve as our trusty docent, and Bob is handling the rudder. But we have reached a point where we aren’t even cashing dues checks because we feel this would not quite be appropriate given that we aren’t really functioning as an organization. So this gathering will be a chance to just get a feel for who we are and who we can hope to be. It won’t actually be a business meeting. (How could it be, with who-knows-who trying to get polluted?) It will be an attempt to just come together, revitalize, and this may help us get jump-started in the enthusiasm department. Scott can tell you what he has planned for the fall. The underpaidlings from Music for Pleasure and The Sound Room can tell us about the dealer demos they are planning. But mainly this will be a couple of hours for catching up with one another, quaffing some choice brew, and enjoying good food. Come on down and get your money’s worth.

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
Hey Francis,
So where is this McGurks place, and who is he? Please pardon my ignorance.
Sorry, but I've not had the pleasure of shaking your hand....that I can recall. Have we met?

When you say, "get your money's worth", what exacty are we talking about here? Again, sorry if I'm lacking knowledge of the going's on here.

Bob

Baumli

Dear Bob:
The "Audio Extravaganza" is at John D. McGurk's Irish Pub & Garden, 1200 Russell Blvd in the Soulard Neighborhood.  There will be an open bar and hot appetizers--hot wings, potato skins and such.  I sure hope you can make it.  I'd like to meet you!
Best:
Francis Baumli

Baumli

Dear Bob,

Actually we have met at a couple of GAS events. But a face as ugly as mine is easily forgotten. You'll remember when you witness me again--aghast.

I'll see you there! Don't drink them dry!

All the best,

Francis Baumli
(314) 966-2167

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
 :lol: Understood about the ugly face, seems to be par for the course for audio guys.  :icon_twisted:

Although, it doesn't look like I'll be able to make it after all.  :( Thank you for the invite though!

Bob