McGurk's postscript

Baumli

• http://viaticumpressinternational.com
McGurk's postscript
« on: 18 Apr 2013, 06:48 am »
Dear audio patricians,
The event at McGurk's was a very fine evening. The "silent auction" sold many items, including almost all the vinyl. (A 21-year-old fellow bought an LP of Patti Smith and an LP of Tom Waits for his mother!) Proceeds will go to help fund the medical mission by Grace the Americas to The Honduras. My wife will be the only physician this time, but there will be two nurses, a pharmacist, and other aides. They will serve at a village with a population of 700-800 people (most who do not actually live in the village, but in the rural environs). Thank you to all members who attended, and participated. All that talk by audiophiles however did inflict upon me a severe case of gas. (Gear Acquisition Syndrome.) So in a couple of months my wife will be gone for two weeks. Will I do something sneaky like slip a new pair of speakers into the house? No. But I'll listen to music more. Again, thank you to all members of GAS. My salutation, "patricians," if humorous is not inappropriate. We have many members who are a real class act!

Cheers,

Francis Baumli